Chief People Officer
About Eden Health
Eden Health provides simple, tech-enabled primary care sold directly to employers. Our users enjoy immediate access to care over the Eden Health app, in our private clinics, and directly in their offices. We have transformed healthcare from an unpleasant necessity to a delightful experience focused on improving the lives of patients. The proof is in the outcomes: when companies work with us they have healthier workforces, increased productivity, and reduced healthcare costs.
What you will be doing
You will lead the People team as an experienced, collaborative, and hands-on member of the Executive Team. As the organization continues its rapid growth, you will design and execute on strategic operational structures and organizational roadmaps that will ensure success at scale. By anticipating growth and training needs, you will help develop managers and leaders across all disciplines in the organization. You will achieve this by being a champion of the organization’s mission and by fostering a culture that promotes and reinforces our core values. As the Chief People Officer at Eden Health you will represent the company as a thought leader in the employee health and benefits space. Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, you will lead a growing team of six and oversee the development of the People function.
What success looks like
- Become an organizational and cultural force that is charting the path of how our company should be organized, grow and scale nationally.
- Partner with other leaders in the organization to understand short and long-term priorities; ensure alignment of People team strategy that will meet overall goals of the organization.
- Offer strategic leadership in the planning, development, and implementation of People Operations.
- You will anticipate growth and training needs, creating accountability, while developing managers and leaders.
- Develop thoughtful, well communicated implementations of people policies.
- Serve as a trusted resource and thought-partner to your team members and senior leadership.
- Oversee new hire development and provide strategic direction to scale onboarding initiatives, maintaining highly rated employee ramp up and engagement metrics.
- Build and develop competitive, parity driven compensation strategy across multiple disciplines.
- Oversee workplace investigations and make recommendations regarding employment actions; ensure all matters are handled in an equitable and consistent manner.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of and ensure compliance with all federal, state, and city legal and regulatory requirements for labor and employment practices.
What you will bring
- Prior experience working in a midsize growing, mission-based organization with a distributed workforce.
- Strong generalist foundation across all People team functional areas including; recruiting, talent development, organizational development, performance management, change management, compensation and benefits, compliance/legal policies, employee engagement, employee relations.
- Ability to coach and mentor direct reports, peers and leaders on sound talent management practices.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws and regulations and practical experience of translating those laws into organizational policies and practices.
- Excellent critical thinking, judgment, and decision-making ability, including the ability to weigh the short- and long-term costs and benefits of a potential action.
- Ability to develop recommendations grounded in a combination of data, best practices research, and personal expertise.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, highly collaborative, with the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, across all levels of the organization.
- Attention to detail, multi-tasking, and strong follow-through required.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Proven ability to re-prioritize and work quickly and efficiently.
- Experience in legal, finance, risk management and organizational development is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of progressive People team/HR experience, including 6+ years in HR or People team management.
Why Eden Health?
- Fast-growing startup backed by leading venture capital firms Greycroft, Flare Capital, 645 Ventures, PJC and others
- Exciting product in one of the largest and fastest growing markets in the country
- Mission-driven culture passionate about improving access to healthcare for employees and their families
- Competitive salary and equity compensation package
- Great benefits including medical, dental, vision insurance, and commuter benefits
- Generous PTO, healthy snacks, and regular happy hours
- Awesome team with a great comraderie - we work hard and have lots of fun!
Eden Health is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.