People Operations Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Jobscan, we’re passionate about empowering job seekers to land more interviews. Founded in 2013, our unique technology provides access to 1+ million job seekers to help them stand out in competitive job markets in 100+ countries. Jobscan’s platform benefits all its stakeholders, including job seekers, employers, universities, and communities. We're a fast-growing start-up with a remote workforce and an office in Seattle that is completely customer-funded, profitable, and growing exponentially!
As Jobscan’s People Operations Manager, you will play a critical role in making Jobscan the best place for top talent to do their life’s work. You will provide hands-on support to our employees, define people practices, build standard processes, and deliver services to our people. Reporting to the CEO, this person will partner directly with the Executive team and Managers to grow and nurture a world-class team at Jobscan and be responsible for all People Operations related activities in a growing, fast paced, startup environment. You will be instrumental in evolving our core HR processes and owning talent experience - recruiting, onboarding, benefits, L&D, DEI, culture, remote and in office - across the organization.
Your work will help shape Jobscan’s company culture and the day-to-day experience of every Jobscan team member. If you are passionate about building a mission-driven company culture where people are empowered to do their best work, this role could be a great match for you. You must have an appetite for growing startups and be a creative self-starter.
What You'll Be Doing
- Manage payroll, benefits administration, compliance, onboarding/offboarding and other people operations needs for a growing team of employees and contractors.
- Create an environment of positive employee relations by respecting confidentiality, establishing trust and credibility, being seen by employees as approachable and fair, balancing business needs with employee needs.
- Audit policies, procedures, and ensure documentation - standard operating procedures (SOPs) are developed and maintained to be accessible.
- Monitor local laws and regulations; ensure our Employee Handbook and People policies are always up to date.
- Design, build and implement fair, consistent and equitable compensation processes including thorough benchmarking and analysis.
- Be an HR Business Partner to departmental leadership; consult on employee relations issues and provide procedural guidance when necessary.
- Identify and recommend opportunities for HR process improvements using available data to support such optimization.
- Develop and support the onboarding process to ensure a smooth candidate transition into a new role including benefits enrollment, training plans, 90-day review milestones, and more.
- Manage all People Operations systems including the selection and implementation of new tools as well day to day administration of existing systems. Strategically evaluate and recommend tools needed for scale to support global people operations.
- Deliver employee engagement, exit and onboarding surveys. Assist in developing People programs as they become operationalized like performance management.
- Partner with leadership to recommend, research and implement new approaches, policies, procedures and tools with a focus on scaling the organization.
What You'll Need
- You have a background in HR administration or management and/or recruiting experience (5+ years). You possess a Bachelor's degree and bring prior experience in an HR or People Operations role.
- 5+ years of relevant experience, working across a subset of areas - program/project management, feedback and performance, benefits, compensation, onboarding and offboarding, and/or compliance.
- Analytical, creative and pragmatic thinker and problem-solver.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and passion for Jobscan’s mission and core values.
- Adaptability during periods of rapid change, with the ability to learn quickly and adapt to a changing environment.
- Familiarity with HR databases (Rippling), applicant tracking systems (Lever), and sourcing technologies. Maintains an effective level of business knowledge as it relates to our objectives, performance, and market.
- Strong decision-making skills and ability to work through influence. You possess the confidence to work independently but to also ask for help and collaborate with others as needed.
- Navigate with detail and diligence tricky and complex HR activities including performance management, conflict resolution, organizational development/training, employee relations, terminations, etc.; escalating where appropriate.
- A driven self-starter with a positive outlook, flexible nature, and tenacious work style that fits with our hyper-growth environment.
- Ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential information.
What'd Be Cool To Have
- We are a global company, so international experience is definitely a plus.
- Experience at a growth-stage tech company is preferred.
‣ Remote work
‣ Competitive salary + stock options
‣ Flexible schedule
‣ Unlimited PTO + 14 Paid Holidays + Paid Sick Days
‣ Paid parental leave
‣ 401(k) + employer match
‣ Health savings accounts
‣ Life insurance
‣ $1000 tech stipend, education stipend, internet stipend
‣ Apple computer or PC of your choice
‣ Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
At this time, we are only considering candidates who are authorized to work in the United States without employer sponsorship.
Jobscan provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Your application has been successfully submitted.