Sr. Director, Talent Management
This job is no longer accepting applications.
This position leads the National Hockey League’s talent management programs, including performance management, training and development, and career planning. Defines and implements talent management strategies, plans, and policies in support of the organization’s strategic plan and workforce needs. Provides specialist expertise to Human Resources and Senior Management in the development of organizational culture, employee engagement, and all aspects of change management.
- Work collaboratively with Senior Management to develop an integrated talent management strategy that develops the NHL’s employees in support of the current business strategy and long-term vision of the organization.
- Support leaders in their execution of the talent management activities, including performance management, learning and development, and career planning.
- Develop and manage performance review processes and tools.
- Oversee the development of in-person and virtual training programs.
- Establish program metrics, provide updates to HR and Senior Management on the performance and impact of programs/processes/policies.
- Evaluate, relative to internal goals as well as market practices, all talent management strategies, programs, processes, and policies; provide recommendations for improvements to ensure achievement of targeted results.
- Work with business unit leaders to conduct talent assessments, as appropriate, to identify high potentials, and provide developmental opportunities for career growth.
- Reinforce the importance of employee development and addressing under performance.
- Participate in and influence strategy setting and goal development for the HR function as a member of the HR leadership team.
- The ideal candidate for the role must have at least ten years of progressive experience in the learning, development and training field, preferably in a mid- to large-sized organization
- Three years of supervisory experience.
- They should also have at least five years of experience with talent management software.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Graduate degree in Business Administration, Human Resource Management, or related field a plus.
- Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification preferred.
When applying, please be sure to include a cover letter with your salary expectations for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. NO EMAILS OR PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
- Do you have the legal right to work in the United States?
- This position will be based in our New York City Office. Are you willing and able to commute to our office for this position?
- If you are not currently living in the tri-state area, are you willing and able to relocate at your own expense for this position?
- What are your salary expectations for this role? (NOTE - we are NOT asking for your current salary or salary history)
- Please give a brief summary of your experience overseeing talent management for an organization.
- Please give a brief summary of your experience in learning and development.
Your application has been successfully submitted.