Senior Director Strategic Workforce Planning
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Travel Percentage :0%
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
With ownership to establish a new Enterprise-wide strategic workforce planning function, the Strategic Workforce Planning lead will play a critical role across the company.
As the Strategic Workforce Planning lead, you will ensure that current and future skill and capacity needs are defined, and will deliver a comprehensive workforce plan as we execute against our own evolving business strategy to position FIS to:
- Be the FinTech employer of choice
- Maintain an inclusive and diverse environment
- Foster a culture of innovation and growth
What you will be doing
You will be responsible for leading the strategic workforce planning function within FIS and work with our business, finance and people leaders, to ensure that we have a comprehensive workforce plan aligned to our strategic business objectives.
Critical in the first 12 months is to develop and embed a new methodology and approach to strategic workforce planning for the organization as well as working cross functionally to establish and deliver an approach to operational talent forecasting.
- Identify and assess technology and data needs for effective strategic workforce planning.
- Drive a new approach where strategic workforce planning is embedded in the business planning cycle and translated into workforce plans that are owned by the business and the people office.
- Lead and facilitate workforce modeling, profiling and scenario planning sessions to identify their workforce profile, work demand, capability gaps and resourcing challenges to inform future workforce decisions.
- Build an overarching strategic workforce plan alongside a detailed workforce plan for the organization that underpins the delivery of our business strategy and informs our location strategy, considering the impacts of demand forecasts, affordability, future skills and service provision, etc...
- Develop the frameworks, planning timescales, criteria and processes in which strategic workforce planning will take place across the organization as part of the business planning cycles.
- Lead the embedding of workforce planning tools and methodology, ensuring that the knowledge and tools are available to enable business leaders in their workforce planning responsibilities
- Identify insight from internal and external workforce trends into the workforce planning process.
What you bring:
- Wealth of experience in developing & implementing workforce planning tools and approaches across a large and complex matrixed environment and within a global financial services or technology organization.
- Expertise around headcount planning, talent acquisition, analytics, talent and managing complex HR projects.
- Proven ability to work in an ambiguous, fast-paced and rapidly changing environment, while driving towards clarity and solutions, forward-thinking with the ability to see the complete picture
- Adopts an open-minded approach, and able to visualize the workforce planning impacts of corporate change plans from a range of different perspectives
- Proven track record of collaborating with business and functional teams to deliver innovative and sustainable solutions, in particular partnering across HR and Finance.
- Combines exceptional communication and influencing skills, with the ability to adapt approach for diverse audiences; ability to break down technical messages into understandable terms.
- Demonstrated results in driving operational impact, bringing to bear a strong mix of strategic and execution skills, and a collaborative style that effectively challenges conventional wisdom, with the ability to make trade-offs.
- Ability to build great relationships and quickly understand the competing priorities often at play in complex organizations.
- Experience with budgeting, cost projections, establishing KPIs to track progress, excellent analytical and reporting skills.
- Self-starter with the confidence and enthusiasm to make a real impact within our team, driving those around you to achieve the same shared objectives and a champion of collaborative working.
- Enjoys continuous improvement, encouraging news way of working and recognizing the benefits of promoting a change culture.
What we offer you
- Attractive benefits including private medical cover, dental cover, and travel insurance
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
Your application has been successfully submitted.