People Operations Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Barstool Sports is looking for a People Operations Manager to join our growing people team! In this role, you will own all HR Operations for our growing organization, leading efforts across payroll, benefits, HRIS, reporting and analytics, and onboarding. As a department that is still developing at the company, you will have the opportunity to help establish core HR initiatives alongside a small team of dedicated individuals.
The ideal candidate has worked in fast-paced, constantly changing environments, and adapts well in ambiguous circumstances. Previous experience leading and providing stellar operational People experiences is required.
What You'll Do
- Oversee and administer payroll processing for all employees in multiple jurisdictions, coordinating year-end processing to include W2s; own payroll tax reporting and compliance projects
- Develop and manage scalable People processes and tools that balance employee experience with compliance and legal requirements
- Optimize and maintain HRIS/Payroll systems, tools, and data. Periodically audit data quality and test new functionality and reports. Troubleshoot basic system issues
- Help build the infrastructure for an HR help desk; define and improve how quickly and accurately we address all questions that come to the People team, ensuring empathy in all responses
- Leverage our HRIS/Payroll and Recruiting systems to reduce administrative burden and improve people data integrity
- Roll up your sleeves and dive into the high volume of daily operational HR needs
- End to end benefits administration including assisting with Open Enrollment; work alongside Senior Director of Human Resources on overall benefits and wellness strategy, creating innovative programs that increase employee engagement and satisfaction
- Onboard new hires and ensure a stellar experience, especially for those onboarding remotely
- Manage relationship with Eastridge, third party payroll provider, for interns and freelance staff
- Help drive Diversity & Inclusion efforts across the organization
- Keep up to date on changing laws and compliance updates that have implications for the entire company
What You'll Have
- 5 years of experience in the Human Resources field with increasing responsibilities
- Must have payroll processing experience with ADP WorkforceNow
- Proven ability to establish powerful partnerships with managers across a multitude of disciplines
- Strong attention to detail
- Familiarity with Zenefits a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter with proven ability to work autonomously
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
Your application has been successfully submitted.