(USA) People Director — Sam's Club
This job is no longer accepting applications.
What you'll do...
Sam’s Club is looking for a Director, People Business Partner who will partner with the growing Technology business. Our People Partners operate as strategic partners across every phase of the lifecycle including workforce planning, talent attraction, organizational design, leadership development, employee engagement, culture, and diversity, equity & inclusion. This is an exciting opportunity to work with our SVP of Technology for Sam’s Club and, their leadership team, as a strategic partner, trusted advisor, coach and HR expert in providing the best possible associate experience, all while delivering on our vision and people solutions. You will play a significant role in shaping our talent, organizational and cultural agenda – especially our associate experience -- that contributes to the long-term vision and goals for the organization
Successful candidate will make an impact by…
- People Strategy: Developing and implementing a talent strategy to support defined business areas (Technology) by partnering with business area leadership to align business goals and objectives, identifying performance trends, talent strengths, and development needs for the business area
- Strategic Partner: Serving as the senior strategic people partner for assigned business (Technology, Marketing & Membership and Contact Centers, or Product/UX and eCommerce), setting the vision, goals, and expectations to accelerate the team for scale and dynamic growth
- Data driven decision making: Create and leverage data insights to partner on strategy, design, and delivery of targeted solutions based on data insights
- Organizational Development and Design: Understands the needs of the organization to achieve organizational performance and efficiencies. Advise and influence senior leaders across an evolving matrix organization on key organizational and employee concerns.
- Transformation: Designs, champions and oversees change and transformation initiatives and processes for business partners, creating a compelling vision that leverages leading practices and techniques, innovative processes, and solutions
- Talent Management: Develops talent management initiatives for defined business areas by identifying and defining needs within the business, analyzing current state talent data, provide advice and counsel to senior leaders on talent and succession planning strategies for the business, and partnering with Sam’s Learning and Leadership lead as needed
- Talent Acquisition: Direct the acquisition of key talent leveraging strategic relationships with external organizations (for example, professional associations, educational groups), partnering with Sam’s Talent Lead as needed.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Advises and counsels business leaders, hiring managers, people generalist, and recruiters by recommending how to fill talent gaps and increase diversity representation, providing information about industry trends, compensation practices, and market activity and opportunity
What Qualifications You Will Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field and 5 years’ experience in human resources or related area.
- 7 years experience in human resources or related field (total rewards, performance management, workforce planning, recruiting or training)
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, including influencing and coaching senior leaders
- Ability to develop aligned vision, clear direction and plans which support global and local business needs
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams, both as a lead and a supporting team member.
- Organizational development expertise to inform recommendations and guide decision-making is critical
- Demonstrates flexibility and resourcefulness according to changing needs and priorities of the organization
- Understands the training/development needs and acts as liaison with Learning & Development to provide appropriate training to the organization.
- Successfully lead/delivered/implemented large scale programs or projects.
- Master's degree or higher in Industrial Organizational Psychology, Human Resources, Business or related field.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field and 5 years’ experience in human resources or related field OR 7 years’ experience in human resources or related field. 3 years’ supervisory experience.Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Masters: Human Resources
Human Resources - Global Professional HR (GPHR) CERTIFICATION - Certification, Human Resources - Professional HR (PHR) CERTIFICATION - Certification, Human Resources - Sr. Professional HR (SPHR) CERTIFICATION - Certification
Your application has been successfully submitted.