Senior Diversity Recruiting Consultant
Vanguard's Global Talent Acquisition (GTA) Team has seen inroads made in the area of diversity recruiting. The Diversity Recruiting Strategies (DRS) team has played a pivotal role in launching initiatives designed to alleviate talent pipeline gaps within critical domains. The team serves as a bridge between GTA and Diversity Equity and Inclusion (DEI), the manager of diversity attraction programs and a strategic thought partner to Recruiting and HR Business Partners.
During this time of dynamic change and driving towards a more diverse, equitable and inclusive environment, this team enables hiring best practices and is at the forefront of offering up innovative solutions as we seek to attract and acquire a diversity of high potential talent. If you are an innovative recruiting subject matter expert who excels at diversity attraction and thrives in an entrepreneurial environment- this role may be for you!
As a Senior Diversity Recruiting Consultant, you will play a critical role in supporting Vanguard’s DRS team in optimizing its mid-level talent attraction efforts within underrepresented talent segments, particularly within the Latinx talent segment. This position will report into the Head of Emerging Talent & DRS.
- Provide expert talent engagement services for the team.
- Lead several graduate and mid-level diversity partnership relationships towards optimization and expansion.
- Partner with our Hispanic & Latinx colleague resource group on attraction efforts.
- Have the ability to lead through influence and work in a fast-paced environment with regular engagement with senior leaders. Advise business leaders and communicate the benefits of programs and resources.
- Collaborate with internal HR partners on the specific function components for a business area's annual plan. Define and assess key focus areas and measures of success. Provide perspective on all talent initiatives.
What it takes:
- Experience specifically with mid-level recruiting, advanced diversity sourcing capabilities, and client relationship management is required for success in this role.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years of related work experience.
- English/Spanish language skills preferred.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Future of Work
During the pandemic, we transitioned to a work from home model for the majority of our crew and we continue to interview, hire, and on-board future crew remotely.
As we have developed the path forward, we have taken a thoughtful approach that both maximizes the advantages of working remotely and the many benefits of coming together and collaborating in a shared workspace. We believe that in-person interactions among our crew are important for preserving our unique culture and advantageous for the personal development of our crew.
When our Crew return to the office, many will work in our hybrid model. A smaller proportion of our crew will operate in the Work from Home work model (for example, field sales crew); or in the Work from Office model (for example, portfolio managers).
The working model that your role falls into will be communicated to you in the interview process – please do ask if you are unsure. We encourage you to make the decision regarding your job interview and offer knowing which model your role will fall into. We will test and learn as our ways of working evolve and will continue to evaluate working models along the way.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Together, we are 30 million Vanguard investors strong. Our mission is to take a stand for all investors.