Head of People Operations
Just four years in, 25% of young women in the US (18-25) have downloaded Co–Star. Our growth has been entirely through word of mouth—we’ve never spent money on ads. We have millions of active users, raised $21,000,000 from the people behind companies like Twitter, Discord, and Snap, and launched our second paid feature.
For thousands of years, astrology has given people the tools to reflect and connect in real, meaningful ways. Co–Star brings astrology into the 21st century with an app users call their “best friend” and therapists recommend to their clients. Astrology is a deterministic system based on the time it takes a planet to orbit the sun. It's more like folk developmental psychology than it is like fortune cookies. Using NASA data interpreted by humans, Co–Star delivers personalized readings in real time. Our AI strings human-written snippets together to generate hyper-personalized interpretations of planetary movements for millions of people.
The Head of People Operations is a new role at Co–Star. As our team expands, we want to support the humans behind Co–Star with fairness and equity, in all facets of their work. Our people are integral to the success of our brand and product, and this role will be at the forefront of steering our company ethos and solidifying our culture.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Partner with leadership to lead the planning and execution of people processes and strategic initiatives across the full spectrum of HR topics (onboarding, engagement, L&D, etc.)
- Empower managers with data to inform annual planning, training, and policies, ensuring they have what they need to build out their functions
- Work with leadership and stakeholders to create fair and equitable policies and procedures
- Manage and evolve our annual performance and compensation processes
- Define and execute general HR efforts (payroll, visa requirements, employee relations, etc.)
- Build trust across the company and be an active listener and effective problem solver around people issues
- Document and define our people processes, taking a data-driven approach to spotting and acting on opportunities to improve, automate, or innovate on how we work
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- 7+ years of experience building, managing, and scaling people programs in a fast-paced environment
- At least 3 years of direct management experience and a proven track record in coaching others to manage and lead
- 1+ years of experience at a startup or smaller company (<100 people)
- Passion for defining and evolving company culture and employee engagement
- A deep understanding of HR policies and procedures, including federal, state, and local legal requirements
- Hands-on experience managing vendors and HRIS systems
- A POV on remote work and the ability to create structure and drive success in a remote world
- Experience supporting foreign nationals and visa requirements
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
WHAT WE OFFER
- Fully covered $0 deductible healthcare + vision, dental, and therapy
- 401(k) + 5% matching
- Unlimited vacation + 2 week company-wide recharge at the end of each year
- Equipment budget
- 12 weeks 100% paid parental leave
- Readings with in-house astrologers
Co–Star deeply values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or zodiac sign.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The hyper-personalized, social astrology experience.