Vice President, Diversity & Belonging
This position is also available for employment in these areas:
Remote - Illinois, Remote - Maryland (DC Metro), Remote - New Jersey, Remote - New Jersey (NYC Metro Area), Remote - Pennsylvania, Remote - USA, Remote - Virginia (DC Metro Area), Remote - Washington DC
At Pluralsight, we’re committed to closing the tech-skills gap so that making change in the world through technology is open to anyone. Our work builds the pipeline of tech talent and crafts opportunity, and ensures it also creates a more diverse workforce. We recognize it starts from within: diversity must be tightly woven into our business with our people, culture, the product we build, and the content we produce. Ultimately, we must develop diverse talent pipelines because our collective differences in backgrounds, experiences, and thought is what will move us forward as a company and industry. Our Head of Diversity & Belonging will lead to these outputs. We are looking for a visionary leader to develop and execute on these objectives. Reporting into the Chief People Officer, this leader will work closely with our executive and most senior leaders, our employee resource groups, as well as other leaders across the company to build, lead and execute meaningful diversity & inclusion initiatives at Pluralsight.
Who you’re committed to being:
- Someone who aligns with and lives the Pluralsight values
- A creator who sees possibilities in all situations
- A champion and advocate of opportunity for all
- Unstoppable in the face of obstacles and leading teams to do the same
- An ambitious leader
- Deeply committed to the transformation of economic development, social progress, & poverty alleviation through technology
- Committed to your own growth and development, the development of your team, and the opportunities that get created as a result of our work with diversity
- Skilled at advocating sophisticated positions before a wide variety of audiences, persuasively and respectfully
What you’ll own:
- Creating a culture of diversity for our business
- Building coalitions with partners and external stakeholders that will help us forward D&B in tech as well as our own talent mix and recruiting pipelines
- Creating and driving our D&B strategy in a way that aligns our product, culture, community, people, and industry to make true impact in modernizing tech education; celebrating and encouraging diversity in our workplace, in the content we produce, in our learning platform, and ultimately in the industry as a whole
- Auditing our current state as a workplace and driving solutions internally, first, as a focus (i.e. benefits, cultural programs, hiring process, recruiting methods, internal mobility, professional development, office space, etc.); creating a new lens which we operate the business through
- Creating a strategic, holistic, long-term approach that lends itself to enduring and meaningful diversity impact
- Leading a stellar cross-functional team and lead D&B within the organization with our executive leadership team, the board, and our people
- Working at all levels of the vision, strategy, and execution (create metrics we want to impact, create and drive strategy, facilitate volunteer/community events, partner internally and externally to drive the results)
- Leading the Employee Resource Groups and coaching their leaders and executive sponsors to drive measurable business impact and sustainable programming
- Providing vision and accountability for volunteerism efforts for the company in partnership with PSOne
- Using your expertise to provide consultation and recommendations on communications of different scale - with our business, customers, and communities
- Coaching senior and executive leaders on strategy, vision, and impactful methodologies for driving diversity and belonging in their organizations
- Acting as a consult and thought partner on increasing accessibility, diversity, and inclusion within our product offerings and author community globally
- Being an inspiring leader highlighting the work Pluralsight does as a global leader in bettering the tech industry through diversity
Experience you’ll need:
- Creating & leading Diversity & Inclusion in a fast-growing space - You’ve done it before
- You consistently work well with abstract ideas or situations across multiple functional areas of the business which requires in-depth knowledge, organization's strategy, and knowledge of the company.
- Demonstrated skill with Interactions internally and externally with executive-level management that have required negotiation on critical matters.
- You value and engage in participation in oversight committees and/or company-wide initiative review processes in order to ensure optimal execution of business-critical projects/programs.
- You are an expert at assessing intangible variables, identifying and evaluating fundamental issues to provide strategy and direction.
- Determines allocation of budget and resources according to strategic initiatives.
- Experience rooted in processes, not just quotas
- Have an understanding of the technical talent market and how it relates to diversity
- Deep understanding of diversity measurement and evaluation
- Partnering with organizations in the community to further the work
- Managing large sponsorships and partnerships
- Implementing meaningful, lasting solutions that increase diversity
- Leading to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action laws and regulations
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We’re the tech workforce development company that will help you and your teams build what you love better.