Head of Talent
Waldo.com has reinvented the mobile development process by empowering mobile teams to create script-less end-to-end tests to fix bugs during development, not after. With Waldo, you can manage your test suite in a fraction of the time that it takes using traditional scripting methods. The future of mobile testing is continuous, and Waldo is the first shift-left solution that allows mobile teams to ship better apps faster and with fewer bugs.
It’s no small challenge being first to market: you have no one to copy and an entire industry to lead. The Automation Engineer will play an important role in enabling this advancement by advising current and prospective customers on how to approach their testing strategy in a way that is faster and more reliable than anything that’s come before it.
We just raised a $15m Series A with Insight Partners, giving you the opportunity to join at an ideal time for rapid growth. As our first Automation Engineer, you will have the opportunity for a de facto lead position and to be a core senior builder on a high-performing team. We are based in NY but are a remote-friendly company with teammates across the US and Europe.
Waldo is an engineering and product-led culture, meaning that its approach to work is both scientific and creative.
Scientific in that it’s based on experimentation, iteration, and objective analysis. One should be willing to challenge their own ideas and the ideas of others in the pursuit of a better path forward. Egos are left at the door. It’s never a competition for who is right, but rather what is most right.
Creative in that it supports ideas that are daring and unconventional. Waldo’s team is methodical, but not rigid in their thinking or approach to problems. The team takes their work seriously, but never themselves too seriously.
It’s a culture that nurtures the value of how to think, not what to think.
You will report directly to our Co-Founder and CEO, Amine Bellakrid, and lead a team of two existing Talent professionals.
- Design, implement and optimize a scalable Talent Acquisition infrastructure for our team to grow 2X in 2022
- Use prior experience, data, and market insights to influence hiring processes by offering ideas for improvement and providing a consultative approach, even when faced with challenging or differing opinions
- Create a thoughtful, clear metrics-driven approach that tracks, monitors, and evaluates the impact and effectiveness of all programs and hiring activity, and present these findings regularly to executive leadership and the team as a whole
- Ensure our talent acquisition practices are always evolving and be an active participant in continuous candid feedback and improvement of our team’s development, tools, and processes
- Define and design workforce planning and job architecture methodologies and plans
- Partner directly with the leadership team and department heads to understand business goals and meet organizational objectives and KPIs
- Negotiate and/or support the hiring managers in developing offer packages and strategies
- Manage administrative process for full-cycle recruiting
- Lead employer branding strategy efforts for job exposure
- Champion for an excellent candidate experience acting as an extension of Waldo’s brand. Ensure everyone who engages with our team receives unmatched care and attention
- Build community relationships to expand talent pools, partnering with relevant industry organizations, colleges/universities, and bootcamps
WHO YOU ARE
- 7+ years of experience in Talent, some of which at a high-growth SaaS startup
- Passionate about optimizing all aspects of Talent Acquisition
- A builder mentality - able to operate at a high, strategic level and also dive deep into tactics
- Able to synthesize complex situations into a digestible, action-oriented format for leadership and the team
- Compassionate and candid, looking for opportunities to help others
- Preference for NYC-based
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Opportunity to play an integral leadership role in growing an amazing startup and team
- Join an overachieving, talent-dense team, working to build great products that help mobile teams ship faster
- A competitive salary and generous early-stage stock options
- A new office in Brooklyn, NY, with a fully remote option
- Yearly offsites around the world, and several on-sites in NYC
- Unlimited “take it when you need it” PTO policy,
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Subscriptions to Teledoc, OneMedical, HealthAdvocate, and ClassPass
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The easy way to shift mobile testing left