People Operations Coordinator
Who we are:
Fivestars helps local businesses grow by turning their credit card reader into an all-in-one payments and automated marketing program. Our mission is to help businesses and communities thrive by turning every transaction into a relationship. Since launching in 2011, Fivestars has become a robust national commerce network, with 70 million users discovering and driving sales to 12,000+ small businesses. We help drive over 100 million transactions and $3 billion in local merchant sales annually. More than 1 million people sign up monthly to support the local businesses that make our neighborhoods great.
In Oct 2021, Fivestars was acquired by SumUp – a financial technology company that allows businesses of all sizes to receive payments quickly and simply, both in-store and online. Named as Europe’s fastest-growing company in the Inc. 5000, SumUp supports over 3 million merchants globally and operates in 34 markets across Europe, the U.S., Brazil and Chile. With its card terminals and online services relied upon by businesses of all sizes from DHL to black cab drivers – SumUp is the partner of choice for small businesses from every walk of life.
Who you are:
Fivestars is searching for an innovative People Operations Coordinator to join our team. You will be an integral part of the People team, helping us focus on the employee experience and making it a memorable one. You would be backed by great leadership, in a world-class culture that values problem-solving and belonging. Our mission is to help businesses and communities thrive by turning every transaction into a relationship, but we cannot achieve this without first investing deeply in our employees and building and sustaining a strong community. We believe that our employee success team can be our driving competitive advantage. You can find out more about us at www.fivestars.com. Together, let’s love local!
Your contribution to the employee experience is one of the most important and critical components to the success of each team member here. Help us build an impactful and amazing employee experience from onboarding, coaching, feedback training, career development tools, successful departures, the building of our technology stack, creating solid stories through data analytics, seamlessly refining our backend systems and so much more.
What you'll do:
- Assist with coordinating a variety of trainings and events which may include but is not limited to New Hire Orientation and Open Enrollment
- Meticulously organize and help welcome new employees as they onboard
- Maintain and update data within our HRIS and across other systems ensuring a high degree of accuracy
- Provide high touch support to employees by responding to questions quickly and with a friendly and helpful approach
- Manage compliance of various state and federal requirements including: I-9 authorizations, background checks, etc.
- Respond to requests for employment verifications and unemployment claims
- Manage employee files and uploading new hire documentation while ensuring we are in compliance
- Support the integrity of our data by running regular audits and reporting
- Assist with ad-hoc projects and other administrative tasks as necessary
What we're looking for:
- 1-2 years of prior experience in a People Operations / HR role in a startup environment
- A friendly attitude and willingness to tackle the people operations role with a more edgy approach
- A curiosity and passion to learn a lot! Always pushing things forward and simplifying our processes and procedures
- A commitment to helping others and providing a high touch approach to the employee experience
- An ability to tackle a lot of new things and problem solve in a level-headed manner
- Obsessive about the new hire experience. You are self aware, well-spoken on the phone and eloquent in emails. You have onboarded employees and know all their names.
- Fun. You are a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone; you are flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome and share it with the world.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited crew; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues.
- Organized. Ability to take on many projects with grace
- Reflect our values: Shared Humility, Authentic Relationships, Warrior Spirit, and Joy Every Day
Benefits & More:
- 4 weeks of annual PTO plus 10 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, along with too many to list!
- Career Coaching & Development
- 401(K) Retirement Plan and Paid Parental leave
- Benefits that holistically support your physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing
Fivestars provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or other applicable protected categories. In addition to federal law requirements, Fivestars complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Get rewarded at thousands of local businesses with one rewards program.