Chief People Officer
Amperity is more than just a leading Customer Data Platform — it's a unique mix of people, technology, and opportunity. The people are whip-smart, deeply committed, and energizing. The technology is multi-patented, AI-powered, industry-shaping customer data management software that we invented because there was no way to solve the problems that we wanted to help consumer brands overcome. The opportunity is twofold: a market opportunity to provide a solution that consumer brands have been trying to find for decades, and a personal opportunity to grow and learn and hitch your career to a rocket ship.
Since our founding in 2016, Amperity has been growing 2.5X year-over-year. We've raised $187M in funding, including a recent Series D that increased our valuation to over one billion dollars. We're going places, fast, and we want you to come with us.
We help these brands make sense of massive amounts of transaction and engagement data so that they can finally know who their customers are, what opportunities exist, and how to provide the kinds of experiences that delight consumers and move the business metrics that matter. Our customers include Starbucks, Alaska Airlines, Patagonia, Kroger, J. Crew, Brooks Running, Planet Fitness, DICK's Sporting Goods, and many more.
We're building something that's never existed before, and we're doing it in a way that's great for consumers, transformational for our customers, and career-making for the members of the Amperity team. Come help us make it happen!
We are looking to hire a Chief People Officer, who will oversee and execute a variety of People functions in a rapidly growing and dynamic environment while focusing on world class Employee Engagement & Experience.
- Own all aspects of People, reporting to the CEO, and partnering with the extended leadership team, hiring and managing additional team members as required.
- Provide advice, counsel, and decisions with all levels of management.
- Provide day-to-day employee relations, management partnership - to include education, coaching, career development and issue resolution.
- Develop and implement People strategies and best practices for employment, compensation, rewards, benefits, culture, training and development, performance management, systems implementation, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention, diversity programs, and state and federal compliance.
- Maintain a hands-on approach and exhibit strong interpersonal, organizational, communication, influencing and problem-solving skills.
- Develop strong partnerships and supportive relationships with C Suite and Heads of Operations & Strategy, People Operations and Talent Acquisition.
Stand up, resource, lead and mentor a world class People Organization with specific focus on driving programs and developing operational centers of excellence for the following:
Organizational Development, Structuring and Job Architecture:
- Provide strategic counsel to leadership teams on Organizational Development & Design and Job Architecture.
- Lead collaboration on company growth vision, strategy and execution of Organizational Development and Effectiveness programs aimed at advancing the mission and enhancing business results.
- Enable company growth through the establishment of People roadmaps focused on retention, succession planning and strategic hires.
People Team Enablement & Organizational Change Management:
- Resource the People function with innovative digital tools and systems to effectively deliver a world class employee experience throughout an employee's Amperity journey.
- Develop feedback loops with management to ensure cohesion and alignment to Business and People objectives and Change Management across all departments.
- Promote a culture that invests in, motivates and rewards employees to become proven key players and empower them to support future organizational growth.
- Ensure all employees feel respected, heard, valued and appreciated.
- Oversee and ensure that all communications related to policy implementation and changes are delivered with empathy and consideration for the broad organization.
Talent Acquisition, Employer Branding, DEI, Talent Management and Development:
- Strategically allocate Talent Acquisition resources while maintaining joint accountability with TA and Stakeholder management for meeting hiring, diversity and retention goals.
- Champion meaningful and impacting Diversity, Equity and Inclusion programs and initiatives.
- Empower and resource teams effectively to build and implement scalable processes and reporting capabilities around Hiring, Onboarding, Employer Branding and Talent Management & Development, improving hiring efficiency and retaining top talent.
Additionally, provide leadership support, resources, mentorship and the ability to hire top talent to stand up and deliver best in class Employee Success Programs:
- Total Rewards, Compensation and Benefits
- Learning and Development
- HR Business Partnerships
- Digital Workplace Transformation
- Hybrid Workplace Culture Strategy
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, Human Resources, or related field with 7+ years of broad scope human resources’ and Talent Acquisition experience is required.
- Prior leadership experience with direct people leadership responsibility required.
- Benefits administration, 401(k) administration, compensation, and project management skills preferred.
- Strong knowledge of federal and multi-state Human Resources laws and regulations required. Specific knowledge includes but is not limited to: FLSA, ERISA, ADEA, ADA, Civil Rights Act, Workers’ Compensation, FMLA and state-specific employment and labor laws.
- Strategic thinker and collaborative leader with ability to conceptualize, communicate and recommend new strategies and programs.
- Confident personality and effective in dealing with senior levels of management
- Entrepreneurial mindset, willing to get in the weeds
- Inspirational leader with a people first attitude
- High EQ & Interpersonal Skills: this role will require a deft attunement and touch to manage the inevitable ups and downs of the process while giving employees a trusted resource, recourse, and voice in the process.
- Outstanding time management, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills, particularly in building relationships and trust with business leaders.
We offer all the benefits you’d expect from a great place to work: 100% employee healthcare coverage, transportation subsidies, a comfortable work environment with plenty of snacks, and other employee experience perks like events and activities, both in-person and remote. We also offer self-managed PTO and the flexibility to do your best work in the way that works for you. We provide an inclusive environment where you’ll be challenged to find and unlock your full potential, surrounded by a team of world-class people driving for excellence.
Amperity is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
KNOW your customers, use insights to DECIDE how best to engage them, and SERVE them personalized interactions every time.