Grammarly offers a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members can work primarily remotely. Teams will meet in person every quarter in one of Grammarly’s hubs, currently in San Francisco, Vancouver, New York, and Kyiv. To ensure that teams are able to overlap in their working hours and to meet face-to-face when needed, all team members need to live within three time zones of their direct team.
Grammarly team members who will be collaborating at our San Francisco hub must be based in the United States.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. Every day, 30 million people and 30,000 teams around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Compensation Analyst to join our People team. The Compensation Analyst will help define and drive our compensation strategies for North America to attract, reward, and retain our highly talented and EAGER team. They will partner closely with recruiters, hiring managers, people partners, and members of the executive team to understand our compensation needs and challenges and to operationalize strategies, assess ongoing effectiveness, and drive continual iteration and improvements. They will use internal and external data to identify opportunities and create proposals to strengthen our compensation program based on Grammarly’s business goals, EAGER values, culture, and team.
As a Compensation Analyst, you will have an ideal opportunity to build and evolve the total rewards operation of a quickly growing global company. You will manage total rewards in multiple markets (US, Canada) and for highly specialized technical roles. You will harness your resourcefulness and creativity to meet these challenges, and be pragmatic in finding solutions. In addition to partnering with business leaders, you will coach and mentor our People team, hiring managers, and recruiters on our compensation philosophy and will build our internal knowledge and capabilities.
- Within your first 30 days, you will deep-dive into Grammarly’s current compensation programs. You will also get to know our talent and teams and how they contribute to Grammarly’s success while building relationships with key stakeholders to understand current challenges and concerns.
- By month three, you will start adapting compensation structures, processes, and ranges and begin to identify opportunity areas. You will execute on projects to strengthen our compensation position.
- By month six, you will partner with our People Operations team on HR system updates, and ensure our compensation programs are compliant with local regulations You will also shadow our current compensation review process.
- By year one, you will confidently communicate to managers and employees about the value of both their equity compensation and cash compensation.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Has experience building compensation programs in a fast-paced, high-performance environment where the business is constantly evolving
- Works collaboratively to understand challenges and builds action plans to move issues forward.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills, planning, and time management, all on a cross-functional scale.
- Brings exceptional analytical skills, including advanced Excel skills, and an ability to analyze complex data, draw conclusions, and provide guidance in a consultative manner.
- Has excellent communication skills and can handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
- Can tackle multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize deadlines to deliver results.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing superior health care (including mental health benefits). We also offer support to set up a home office, ample and defined time off, gym and recreation stipends, 401(k) matching, and more.
- For Colorado-based employment: The salary range for this position is $94,000 – $150,000/year; however, base pay offered may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The compensation package includes a wide range of medical, dental, vision, financial, and other benefits, as well as equity.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.
Please note that Grammarly’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that all team members in North America be vaccinated against COVID-19 to meet in person for Grammarly business or to work from a North America hub location. It is expected that this will be a requirement for this role. Qualified candidates in North America who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief may request a reasonable accommodation to this policy. For Ukraine, this policy requires team members to be vaccinated or produce a daily negative COVID-19 test administered at the Kyiv hub to work from the hub or attend in-person meetings.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
make your communication clear and effective, wherever you write