Manager, Diversity Inclusion & Belonging
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As a current employee you know Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. The safety of our passengers, our more than 20,000 colleagues, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of you.
By living the Amtrak values and actively embracing and fostering diverse ideas, backgrounds and perspectives, together we will honor our past and make Amtrak a company of the future.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
This role will be responsible for creating and driving an integrated Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging, culture, employee experience and engagement strategy, able to engage, align and inspire employees with Amtrak’s vision and business strategy. You will be responsible for designing, implementing and executing on the strategic direction in partnership with HR and Business leaders, establishing scalable best practices for key stakeholders and providing data driven insights and recommendations.
- Support department leader with development and implementation of corporate diversity and inclusion strategies, including recruitment, performance management, leadership development, employee engagement and retention.
- Lead development, implementation, and assessment of strategies and programs to continuously improve engagement among our employees contributing to a high performing organization linked to our values.
- Develop metrics for measuring the effectiveness of corporate diversity initiatives.
- Benchmark and research analysis, including monitoring and reporting on diversity and inclusion topics.
- Partner with communications to regularly communicate internal and external diversity and inclusion initiatives, events and progress.
- Development, management, and integration of the organization's Employee Resource Groups (ERG’s).
- Manage multiple, complex outreach/event timetables successfully in a collaborative, fast paced environment; lead post-event retrospectives, examining the efficacy of outreach events based on ROI metrics and progress.
- Determines communications strategy and execute programs to deliver communications objectives throughout the organization inclusive of delivery of corporate culture and business strategy.
- Participate in the development and implementation of employer brand and employee value proposition.
- Shape internal communication strategies and the development of prospective and current employee-facing collateral by partnering with corporate communications to facilitate company-wide communications.
- Coaching leaders and managers on D&I best practices and interfacing with HR and management teams to help foster a company climate that respects and values diversity and inclusion among employees to build engagement and continually develop our culture.
- Partners with IT and operations stakeholders to define, prioritize and execute employee engagement survey operational needs and enhancements to successfully deliver.
- Develop, implement and evolve engagement, employee experience, and communication programs to support candidate and team member engagement.
- Partner with leaders to build programs that reflect and reinforce the beliefs and values of the organization, drive engagement, and foster belonging and inclusion for all employees.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Education, Human Resources Management, or equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience in related field.
- Demonstrated corporate experience as a diversity, inclusion & belonging or DEI practitioner.
- 7-9 years relevant business experience.
- Experience in creating and implementing innovative D&I solutions.
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing large projects.
- Demonstrated experience managing complex systems.
- Strong stakeholder management and partnership skills.
- Ability to build relationships throughout business to assure program objectives are met
- Strong organizational, budgeting, and planning skills.
- Experience in demonstrating skill using PC-based word processing, spreadsheets, presentation, software.
- Must be highly organized and able to handle a variety of duties, frequently with limited timeframes.
- Effective presentation, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to create solutions to support changing business needs
- Large project management skills and knowledge
- Media and computer-based knowledge
- Collaboration with key business leaders and partners
- Demonstrated ability to get work done through others.
- Position does not have direct reports, but will manage company-wide projects. Ability to hold team members, peers and partners accountable for results
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to solve problems
- 9-11 years relevant business experience.
- Diversity & Inclusion Professional Certification(s)
- Advanced degree in Education, Business, or related field.
- Training certification and/or formal training in Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging. MBTI or Leadership development experience.
- Prior experience vendor management and managing vendor budgets
COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Job Family/Function:Human Capital
Travel Requirements:Up to 25%
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
All positions require pre-employment background check verification, a pre-employment drug screen and proof of full vaccination against COVID -19. Amtrak is committed to a safe workplace free of drugs and alcohol and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. Marijuana, notwithstanding any statute, ordinance, regulation, or other law that legalizes or decriminalizes the use or possession of marijuana, whether for medical, recreational, or other use. Candidates who engage in the usage of marijuana will not be qualified for hire. Successful applicants for employment with Amtrak must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire as a condition of employment, subject to requests for accommodation. Fully vaccinated means 14 days have elapsed since receiving the second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or 14 days since receiving the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR § 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety-sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, the individual will not be permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Amtrak is an EOE/Affirmative Action Minority/Female employer, and we welcome all to apply. We consider candidates regardless of race/color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related conditions), national origin/ethnicity, age, disability (intellectual, mental and physical), veteran status, marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, genetic information, citizenship or any other personal characteristics protected by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Ride with #Amtrak and see where the train can take you.