Head of People
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Head of People leads a small team in a hands-on role as both a “player and a coach”. They will play an integral role in evolving our people strategy and approach to both employee and candidate experience. Initial priorities include professional and leadership development, DEIB (diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging), performance optimization and management, employee relations, organizational effectiveness, and change management. Kickstarter was one of the first tech companies to form a union, so experience with union workers is an added bonus.
In This Role, You Will:
- Lead a people function that fosters high performance, inclusivity, and community across teams. You’ll need to both be able to dig in and delegate.
- Serve as a member of the Kickstarter Leadership Team, contributing to high-impact decisions and collaborating across strategic projects with a keen focus on employee and candidate engagement, and continuous improvement.
- Lead Talent Acquisition and Development, designing and implementing ongoing improvements for talent attraction/onboarding, performance management, total rewards strategy, and long-term organizational planning.
- Lead People Operations, overseeing employee infrastructure, employee relations, benefits & compliance. You’ll ensure Kickstarter is a model progressive workplace, implementing nimble policies that align with our values and keep our team working together safely and effectively.
- Develop innovative strategies that align with company goals and exceed employee expectations.
- Lead our diversity and inclusion program at the leadership level, integrating awareness and adoption across the company day-to-day in support of Kickstarter’s mission.
- Assess and implement a consistent, equitable, and scalable approach to organizational design, position leveling and career path development, including alignment of employee - manager expectations.
- Support the legal function’s vision and programs for building union relationship and compliant practices & policies
- Handle employee relations conversations with care and consistency.
Who You Are:
- An ambitious and autonomous talent professional with an unwavering desire to lead people and programs to maximum potential.
- A thoughtful leader, dynamic communicator, and analytical operator with a strong business mind.
- An effective collaborator who knows how to respectfully drive towards action and align others to new strategies.
- Passionate about the power of creative work and Kickstarter’s mission; bonus points if you are a creator or backer.
What You'll Need:
- 10+ years of experience in organizational development, talent management, and/or other related HR functional management with a history of upward mobility.
- 5+ years of team management experience with the desire to coach and develop others.
- Recruiting experience with mission-oriented company.
- Strong performance management and L&D skills.
- A deep commitment to curiosity and a highly capable technique for building effective talent management and development programs.
- Willingness and ability to roll up your sleeves to lead operationalization and implementation of key strategies.
- A consultative approach with strong stakeholder management skills, coupled with a demonstrated ability to influence senior leaders.
- Ability to operate in the gray area and bring consistency to talent programs across the organization.
- Expertise with various HR technologies and systems.
- Strong HRBP & employee relations experience.
- Experience working with a union and collective bargaining agreements a plus.
What You'll Enjoy:
- Fridays off! Kickstarter operates on a 4-day/32-hour workweek so that we can all enjoy long weekends
- A fully remote workforce with plenty of opportunities to get to know your colleagues
- 100% employer-paid health plan offerings
- 16 paid vacation days, 10 sick days, and a company-wide winter break between Christmas and New Years
- 25 volunteer hours each year to give back to your community
- 16 weeks of parental leave plus fertility/family planning resources
- Incredibly talented and inspiring colleagues who know how to blend their creative endeavors into their work
You can read more about our benefits and working at Kickstarter at our Jobs page.
Our Fully Virtual Team
We’re currently able to support employees based in the following US locations: CA, CT, FL, GA, MA, MD, NC, NJ, NY, OR, VA, and WA. We're also able to support employees in the United Kingdom and Canada (Ontario & British Columbia). If you live in—or are willing to move to—any of these locations, we look forward to your application! If there is a required or preferred location for an open role, it will be listed in the job description.
Kickstarter is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.
Kickstarter is a Public Benefit Corporation, and our mission is to help bring creative projects to life. We measure our success as a company by how well we achieve that mission, not by the size of our profits. In our charter, we spell out our mission, our values, and the commitments we have made to pursue them.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Bringing creative projects to life.