People Operations Specialist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works at remote.com/how-it-works). We're backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we're all scattered around the world.
Please check out our public handbook (at remote.com/handbook) to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. You can also check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
We use a LinkedIn feature called “multiplexing”, which creates several location-specific job postings for individual locations from a single global position we publish. Multiplexing enables us to make our global job post compatible with LinkedIn's system and allows us to manage the inbound applications by location.
We encourage candidates to apply to any of these roles since they are factually global and we will make explicit mention of specific location details in the practical section below. 🌎
How we work
We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a People Operations Specialist, joining our People team. As an individual contributor, the People Operations Specialist will focus on evolving our systems/processes/policies as Remote continues to evolve and driving operational initiatives that will ultimately improve the People team and employee experience.
- 2 - 3 years experience within a People Team, ideally in People Operations or HR Operations (not a requirement but nice to have).
- Proven knowledge and experience in tracking and reporting on people data and metrics.
- Previous experience in using an HRIS and ATS, as well as managing the data and ensuring the accuracy in these platforms.
- High sense of urgency and accuracy.
- Commitment to encouraging transparency and all Remote's values within the team and the greater organization.
- Proven organizational skills with high attention to detail and the ability to prioritize.
- The ability to work autonomously and to drive your own performance & development would be important in this role.
- Writes and speaks fluent English.
- It's not required to have experience working remotely, but considered a plus.
- Coordinating and executing People Operations tasks: including but not limited to Performance Management activities, approving contractor monthly payments, expenses and PTO requests, relocations, responding to email queries, and offboarding.
- Directly responsible for all documentation and auditing of the People Team's Notion pages, especially relating to non-Recruiting documentation.
- Creating and identifying & implementing opportunities for improvement in the employee lifecycle.
- Work closely with our onboarding, payroll, benefits, lifecycle, and legal teams to maintain consistency, improve collaboration and provide an extraordinary and seamless employee experience.
- Timely announcements of changes in employment processes and requests made by the People Team.
- Participation in People Team weekly updates to the rest of the company in all places necessary.
- Ensure all Remote team members have an extraordinary experience when engaging with the People Team either via Slack, Email or any application we use. Being mindful of urgency and ensuring timelines are requested upfront to complete a specific request within expected timelines.
- Along with the Manager, People Excellence, research, implement and maintain all People Programs.
- Provide backup and support to the People Experience Team.
- People feedback survey administration and reporting.
- Escalating any concerns, urgent matters, or employment relations-related concerns to the Manager, People Excellence.
- Willingness to work odd/ flexible hours when needed (for example, to call an embassy in a different continent).
- Along with the Manager, People Excellence, track various People-related metrics and make them public to the organization for easy access and tracking of process.
- You'll report to: Manager, People Excellence
- Team: People
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager
- Interview with team members (no managers present)
- Prior employment verification check(s)
- (async) Offer
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote’s Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair unbiased compensation and fair pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labour practices and therefore pay a minimum annual salary of USD 40,000 per year, in all locations throughout the world. Actual compensation may vary based upon geographical location, experience, and/or skill level. However, it will never be below our minimum global compensation mentioned.
You can learn more about the benefits we're offering to all internal employees at Remote by visiting our public Benefits & Perks Handbook page (at www.notion.so/people-Benefits-perks-1e48a5869c274f40910b76d405b92f63).
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The easier way to employ internationally 🌍