VP, Employee Experience
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Notarize, we’re pulling the future closer, bringing industries like real estate, automotive, and financial services into the digital age. We’re the first company to complete a legal online notarization, online mortgage closing, online will, online auto sale, and countless other critical transactions.
We’re proud to play an integral role for our customers -- from individuals to major enterprises -- in making life’s most important moments better.
Our business has grown exponentially (over 600%!) in the past year. In September 2021 we came in at #114 on Inc.’s list of the 5000 fastest-growing companies in the nation. We raised an additional $130 million in Series D funding in March of 2021 -- backed by industry behemoths like Capital G/Google, Citi, and Wells Fargo -- and we recently announced a major strategic partnership with Adobe.
Notarize is the pioneer and market leader in Remote Online Notarization (RON), and we’re building the team that will operate a critical platform in tomorrow’s fully-remote economy. Come join us!
Notarize is proud to be a fully-distributed, remote-first team. Employees can work from anywhere in the United States -- all 50 states and D.C too.
Notarize is looking for a Vice President of Employee Experience to lead key initiatives that enable “Stampers” to do the best work of their careers and propel our business beyond expectations. Your focus on innovation and the needs of the customer and proven stakeholder and change management capability will ensure significant impact at Notarize.
You will act as a strategic partner to the Chief People Officer to develop and evolve the employee experience at Notarize and lead the team focused on People Operations, Program Management, Total Rewards, Engagement, Data and Analytics and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion.
We’re looking for a thoughtful and intentional leader, with a passion for their craft and the human experience. You are both an expert and a student, driven to learn and create something uniquely Notarize anchored in best practice. Comfort with ambiguity and speed, a deep connection to the Notarize mission and a spirit of positivity complete the successful candidate.
What you'll do as our VP, Employee Experience at Notarize:
- Inspire and develop your team of engaged and productive Stampers
- Imagine, create, and implement programs, initiatives, and practices to strengthen our remote first workforce, drive engagement and realize the potential of our workforce
- Own survey, research and “listening” efforts to discover opportunities to continuously improve our employee experience in support of our business goals
- Lead and manage complex projects, including platform integrations and implementation
- Partner closely with peers within the people team, adjacent functions and leaders across the company to develop and execute effective programs that meet the needs of an ever evolving, diverse workforce.
- Develop data insights to enhance strategy and impact; design and distribute reporting to share progress and key milestones to organization.
- Continuously innovate and improve our programs to drive engagement and inclusion; taking into account the competitive landscape and talent market.
- Evaluate all current tools and systems to determine the best approach to scaling people programs.
What we're looking for:
- Someone who leads with a big heart and a big brain.
- A servant leader with a no task too small, no picture too big mindset.
- 12+ years of progressive human resources generalist and/or specialist experience, ideally in a hyper growth technology/computer software environment
- 6+ years of people management experience, demonstrated track record of developing, coaching, and mentoring teams.
- Ability to support and influence leaders at all levels of the company.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion; experience building a DEI strategy that increases diversity across the organization and fosters Notarize’s culture of belonging and inclusion.
- Deep knowledge of the trade and a lifelong learner mindset
- Ability to successfully perform without a net - execute in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, with limited infrastructure.
- Capacity to be both strategic and operational - from the visionary to the hands-on
- Demonstrated strength in:
- Analytical and creative problem-solving that lead to quality decision making
- Stakeholder management anchored in genuine care for our workforce
- Consulting and communication skills with the ability to influence and negotiate
- Interpersonal relationship building with diverse teams; ability to support and influence leaders at all levels of the company.
- Business acumen and desire to learn the intricacies of Notarize’s business
- Project management - well organized, plans effectively, meets deadlines and commitments
- Storytelling - building a compelling narrative and passion for sharing the Notarize story.
Some of our benefits:
- Competitive salaries & equity
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental, and vision
- 401k with 4% match
- Unlimited PTO & flexible work schedules
- Fully-distributed team: work from anywhere in the U.S.
- Paid parental leave
- Annual budget for personal learning & development
- Small, cross-functional teams
- Strong emphasis on collaboration & mentorship
- Paid lunches (through Grubhub) + regular Lunch & Learn sessions
Our core values:
- Solve Problems That Matter: We serve some of the most important moments in people's lives. It's a responsibility we embrace by focusing obsessively on the issues that will have a quantifiable impact on our customers and our company growth.
- Yes Before No: We are optimistic about our ability to change lives by transforming outmoded processes. We believe our efforts can create a better future, and it is our attitude that will allow us to pull that future closer.
- Start With Why: We don't presume to understand the intentions of the people around us, whether coworkers or customers. We ask honest questions and listen to feedback in order to gain insight, build trust, and create memorable experiences.
- Stamp Together: We create a strong team and a welcoming workplace by valuing diverse perspectives. Every role in our organization is supported and valued equally, without regard to location or background.
Notarize is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We'd love to hear from you.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Notarize documents online 24x7.