People Operations Analyst
This job is no longer accepting applications.
In-office locations: Atlanta, GA, USA; Austin, TX, USA; Chicago, IL, USA; Mountain View, CA, USA; New York, NY, USA.
Remote location(s): United States.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 7 years of experience in HR operations or a service and support function role
- Experience working with clients on business needs in order to build dashboards and reporting solutions and create user-focused data visualizations
- Experience in SQL and spreadsheet functions
- Experience presenting data to executive HR and/or business leaders
- Experience collaborating on projects involving multiple teams, managing ongoing relationships with clients, and navigating unstructured, ambiguous environments that present varying needs
- Experience working with strategies and techniques for measuring the effectiveness of operations/programs, interventions, and efforts of a large organization
- Experience leading the contributions of others and developing the capabilities of colleagues in reporting tools, business analysis methods, and techniques
- Excellent analytical thinker with a continuous improvement approach, focus on meeting/exceeding client expectations, and passion for finding operational efficiencies
About the job
The People Operations (POps) Central team provides services to enable and activate the People Operations organization.
As part of the POps Central organization, the Reporting and Analytics (R&A) team provides data and analytical needs for all teams within POps Central. The R&A team is responsible for providing reporting and delivering user insights to our partners. We connect dots and keep things moving across POps Central, aligning ideas, efforts, and energy to deliver high-quality service to Googlers, and drive organizational performance.
Our work impacts the decisions of POps leadership. We provide them with actionable insights, and empower them to make data-driven decisions. Our key priorities are to customize reporting solution for POps Central teams with all metrics and insights in one place, harmonize metrics reporting and taxonomy across all POps services, and provide analytical support to POps Central teams to solve critical business problems and drive improvements.
Great just isn't good enough for our People Operations team (known elsewhere as "Human Resources"). We bring the world's most innovative people to Google and provide the programs that help them thrive. Whether recruiting the next Googler, refining our core programs, developing talent, or simply looking for ways to inject some more fun into the lives of our Googlers, we bring a data-driven approach that is reinventing the human resources field. You’ll play an essential role advancing a more diverse, accessible, equitable, and inclusive Google through our hiring, promotion, retention, and inclusion practices.
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary range between $145,000 - $156,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
- Lead multiple analytics/Business Intelligence projects, including requirements gathering, planning, development, implementation, stakeholder management, and on-going support.
- Act as an influential thought partner for leaders across POps Central, and help apply a high-level of excellence to decision making.
- Partner with stakeholders across POps to gain an understanding of operational processes and business context that can be used to identify the associated analytical and reporting needs and gaps.
- Collect, manage, and synthesize large datasets and information from different sources, utilizing statistical modeling, data mining, and data analysis techniques.
- Use analytics and build reporting solutions to help POps Central and POps Service teams manage operations, drive automation, solve day-to-day problems, and understand key performance metrics and trends.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
do the right thing