Chief People Officer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We're looking for an experienced, people-oriented Chief People Officer who will lead the attraction, development and retention of talent at Dispatch. You will work closely with the executive and senior leadership teams to create and maintain an inclusive people-first culture, and develop strategies that support the company’s core values, mission and goals.
In this role you will set and oversee the execution of the business’ overall people strategy including People Success (People Operations, Learning and Development, Diversity, Inclusion & Equity, Total Rewards, People Business Partners) and Talent Acquisition. You’ll do so by enabling others to over-achieve their goals (personally and professionally), while amplifying the organization’s strengths at an individual level.
This is a full-time exempt role that reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
What You'll Do
- Executes all job duties in alignment with Dispatch’s core values, mission, and purpose
- Acts ethically, with integrity and complies with legal standards to deliver an environment that promotes respect, innovation, and creativity
- Encourages and fosters an inclusive environment. An environment where the strengths and expertise of our workforce are welcomed, amplified and exhibited in the work at Dispatch
- Builds, maintains, and evolves talent systems for the continual attraction, growth, development, and retention of talent at Dispatch
- Collaborates with executive leadership to define the organization’s long-term mission and goals; identifies ways to support this mission through talent strategies
- Assists the CEO in recommending remunerations policies and standards to the board of directors for review and approval
- Provides insights and strategic direction to company leaders and Human Resources management team to help the organization grow and scale
- Champions organizational equity, inclusion and diversity initiatives, serves as senior leadership point of contact for employee-led efforts
- Develops a high performing, accountable HR team by fostering a diverse workplace that enables individuals with different perspectives to contribute at their full potential
- Ensures compliance with employment, benefits, insurance, safety, and other laws, regulations, and requirements
- Works cross functionally to plan and implement the organization’s staffing plan in alignment with business needs and budget
- Provides thought leadership to drive talent and organizational development, performance management and succession planning
- Fosters a culture of professional growth and development to retain top talent
- Serves as a strategic resource to look across the organization and help drive change
- Partners with general counsel on employment/legal matters as needed
- Oversees company IT resources to ensure employees have the tools, systems and technologies needed
- Identifies key performance indicators; proactively reviews data to assess trends and successes in areas such as retention, promotions, equity, and compensation
- Perform other duties as assigned (to be less than 10% of your responsibilities)
What We’re Looking For
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- The ability to quickly pivot as needed while consistently delivering results on time
- A strong background in business with a strong understanding of how to measure and success
What You’ll Need
- 15+ years leading human resources, preferably at high-growth organizations (required)
- Experience managing a team of human resources professionals (required)
- Broad knowledge of human resources disciplines, including employee relations, performance management, talent acquisition, and compensation and benefits (required)
- Experience in fully remote and/or startup environment (preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree or Human Resources certification such as SHRM of PHR (preferred)
Dispatch is a technology-based company that redefines the way same-day deliveries are made in the B2B space. With our network of independent contractor drivers, Dispatch puts suppliers, businesses, and technicians in control of local deliveries with real-time tracking and transparency. We strive to deliver the best value and service to our customers every day.
Dispatch started in the Twin Cities, but is now in dozens of markets across the country. With all of this growth, we maintain a strong focus on our company culture. Dispatch operates on five core values: People First, Belief, Speed to Value, Driven to Deliver, and Transparency. If you connect with these values, we’d love to learn more about you!
We want people of all backgrounds to feel excited and comfortable in working at Dispatch. Our job description lists required skills as well as nice to have. If you have all the required skills but only some or none of the nice to haves, please still apply. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Your application has been successfully submitted.