Employee Relations Manager, AWS
This job is no longer accepting applications.
This position requires an individual who has significant employee relations experience, deep subject matter knowledge, and strong communication and interpersonal skills that enables the individual to work successfully on a broad spectrum of employee relations issues and projects. The position supports the Amazon Web Services (AWS).
The central objective of Amazon’s employee relations team is to ensure our organization’s treatment of employees is fair, respectful, and consistent with our framework of our core business values and objectives. To support that objective, this position’s responsibilities fall into proactive and reactive categories.
The individual will work as a project manager on proactive programs that improve local and network employee relations. The individual will undertake a significant amount of reactive work on critical employee relations issues that are highly sensitive and typically can only be successfully completed with limited time, such as conducting workplace investigations and advising on challenging employee situations. Balancing time between projects and crisis-response is a critical component for success in the position. The individual will also work proactively to:
· Partner with business leaders and HR teams to create and sustain positive employee relations programs and best practices
· Design and conduct multiple positive employee relations trainings and communications
· Conduct, analyze, and action plan from multiple levels of employee feedback to sustain positive employee relations
· Analyze, diagnose, design, and revise people programs, policies, and practices to sustain positive employee relations
The position reports to the Principal of Employee Relations, within the AWS Human Resources team. The role will be based in Seattle, WA or Arlington, VA, or Virtual/Remote. May require up to 20% travel.
· Bachelor’s degree required
· 7+ years direct experience in employee relations, with a strong background in workplace investigations.
· Experience with employment & labor laws throughout the United States
· Experience in designing and delivering successful training programs Technically proficient in MS Word, Excel, Access, & PowerPoint
· Advanced degree, law degree, or other specialized training in labor/employee relations a significant plus
· Team player with strong written and oral communication skills; excellent public speaker
· Strong interpersonal and persuasion skills, enabling individual to establish partnerships working with senior leaders and across organizational lines
· High-quality judgment and sound decision-making
· Able to handle confidential information in a mature and professional manner
· Labor Relations knowledge and experience is a plus
· Highly analytical thinker and problem solver
· Proven attention to detail; extremely organized
· Acts with sense of urgency, bias for action, fast pace, and desire to thrive in a dynamically growing environment
· Strong project and time management skills with ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects to closure
· Confident and innovative thinker; isn’t satisfied with “checking the box” or just pulling out “what we did at my last job”
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History