People and Change Management Consultant
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Join our team
Centric Consulting is a management consulting firm that guides clients in the search for answers to complex digital, business and technology problems. We help clients conquer change, optimize processes, elevate technology, and best compete in a digital world. Our core purpose is simple: every day we strive to provide unmatched customer and employee experiences and foster a culture of respect, diversity, and transparency. Headquartered in Ohio, with locations across the country and India, Centric has earned annual recognition by Forbes as one of America’s Best Management Consulting Firms since 2016. Visit our website to learn more. We’re looking for a People and Change Management Consultant to join our growing team.
In this role, you will:
- Quickly build an understanding of the client's business, situation and desired outcome(s)
- Coach the client on OCM best practices, lessons learned and trends, while designing a tailored OCM solution that delivers value to the client and meets client’s needs and expectations
- Assess, strategize, plan and execute the needed OCM activities to promote and help ensure faster adoption and (ultimately) sustainment
- Drive: stakeholder analysis; leadership alignment & engagement; change communications; change networks; change readiness assessments; job/role impact analysis; learning/training; post launch support; and key performance indicators
- Develop trusted relationships with client leadership and other influential individuals within the client organization
- Partner with the client to determine prioritizes; build and implement a tailored OCM work plan; identify and resolve/mitigate risks/issues; and keep client apprised of progress.
- Provide sales assistance with ‘people enablement and change’ initiatives, including prospect discovery calls/meetings, development of proposals and Statement of Works (SOWs), sales presentations, etc.
- Assist with recruiting the needed ‘people enablement and change’ talent via participating in Centric’s interviewing process.
- Support Chicago OCM Practice Leader with practice development activities, including: work with National OCM to identify &/or develop needed artifacts; monitor & coach OCM Practice talent in the field; develop & maintain relationships with Centric leadership & account executives; etc.
- Report directly to and partner closely with the Chicago People and Change Practice Leader.
- ADDED PLUS: Expertise in leadership effectiveness and/or Org. Design (including org./job analysis, redesign, and implementation.)
A successful candidate will have the following characteristics:
- You MUST have ten plus years of OCM experience with a proven OCM track record. Experience and knowledge of OCM principles, methodologies and tools (e.g. Prosci, Kotter and LaMarsh.), where able to assess, build and execute tailored OCM strategies and plans.
- You MUST have three plus years of consulting experience with a management consulting firm (e.g. IBM Global Services, Deloitte, Accenture, etc.)
- Ability to create unmatched experiences, for both clients and employees, is what we do. You should revel in doing the unexpected and extraordinary for others.
- A learning mindset, ready to experience new ideas and situations regularly.
- We want someone who likes to solve problems. Clients don’t come to us when the problem is easy. You should enjoy taking on the hard stuff.
- Because we work with clients, excellent communication skills are important – both written and verbal. Translating technical concepts into layman’s terms is an essential skill. Practicing active listening skills to ensure the client feels heard and then implement (or fine-tune) OCM solutions based on what you heard.
- Initiative is important. We don’t hand hold – you should be comfortable working independently in an entrepreneurial environment. That said, collaboration is equally important with us, the client and the project team.
- You should be someone with the spirit of an educator and thus gets excited about mentoring and sharing knowledge with others.
- Last, but not least, we love creativity. Help us create new solutions, improve existing processes and solve problems innovatively.
What makes Centric different?
- Special Culture– Our people make us different. We have highly talented, intelligent individuals across a broad variety of disciplines – who are eager to learn from you and share their own expertise. We embrace fresh perspectives and each Don’t take our word for it – check us out on Glassdoor, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to get glimpse inside what makes us unique.
- Impact– We think of ourselves as big company with a small company feel – a local player with global reach that combines business, technology and industry expertise.
- Unmatched Experiences– We are allowed to be ourselves here. We are encouraged to be human. It’s at the root of who we are as a firm and why we’re here.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion – We believe a diverse, inclusive, and equitable work environment is essential to the work we do. We continually strive to ensure our company is a place where all people feel like they belong and are respected and valued regardless of who they are, where they are from, and what experiences they’ve had. Beyond being the right thing to do, it is a business imperative that is fundamental to how we bring our mission and values to life. We believe a Centric Together work environment is essential to what we do.
- Innovation– We value passion, determination, perseverance and innovation. We are inspired because we believe in what we are doing and where we are going.
- Passion for the greater good– We are steadfast in our devotion to the communities we serve and in actively promoting employee involvement in community improvement projects.
Our core purpose at Centric Consulting is to bring unmatched experiences to clients and employees. These aren't just words we use — it's how we became a company and who we are today. Providing an unmatched experience means we approach each other as human beings and lead with empathy and humility. It means we work diligently to ensure our company is a place where everyone can create a sense of belonging and feel respected for who they are.
We know that creating and sustaining an authentically welcoming culture requires that we all play a part in fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion, from our business practice to how we show up for employees and communities. At Centric, we seek out and embrace candidates of all backgrounds and identities who have a hunger for learning, collaborating, and generating unmatched experiences. This is how we bring our mission and core values to life, working together to provide the highest value and quality services to our clients while enabling our employees to reach their full potential.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Digital, business and technology consulting for growth and transformation. Let us be your guide.