VP of People
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Loom is on a mission to empower everyone at work to communicate more effectively, wherever they are. We are already trusted by over 14M users across 200k+ companies. Our customers are global and use Loom at work at world-class companies including Netflix, HubSpot, Atlassian, Juniper Networks, and Twitter.
Founded in 2015, Loom has raised over $200 million from top-tier investors including Sequoia Capital, Kleiner Perkins, Coatue, and Andreessen Horowitz.
VP People loom from CEO: https://www.loom.com/share/e3bf31f1019c4c9486477b331992b71c
Loom, and async video, is at the very core of the Remote / Hybrid revolution we're all navigating right now. It empowers individuals with freedom and flexibility to work when and where they'd like. Async video also helps build community and culture in a primarily Digital HQ world. Our product and company will change the way employees around the world communicate with one another forever. And a huge part of the driving change is People leaders around the world who are trying to setup their companies for success in this new working world. As Loom's VP People, you will be a driver and a thought leader of this revolution both internally and externally.
Loom is growing rapidly, and we are looking for a talented People leader to build our team, keep the team engaged, and increase productivity as we scale. We need someone obsessed with making teams more efficient and effective. We have some systems and process in place, but at our stage there is still quite a bit of 0 to 1 building. Ultimately, we want someone who will empower Loommates do the best work of their career and reach their full potential.
Loom is a team of 200+ spread around the global with ~40% of the team in the Bay Area, 40% across continental US, and 20% international including LATAM, EMEA, and APAC. By end of 2022 we plan to be at low to mid-300’s. At its core, People department is a highly strategic function - we’re looking for someone with strong business experience who understands how to build and map our talent to our mission to weave humans at work closer together with video.
- Lead the Talent team to identify bar raisers and bring in the best talent globally, with a particular emphasis on technical recruiting.
- Your approach to recruiting should bring analytic and operational rigor to our processes, so that we continue to provide a great candidate experience at scale.
- Build a company and culture that has Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion deeply embedded into the fabric of who we are as an organization.
- You will continue to make Loom a place that people want to stay for years.
- You will create an exceptional onboarding system for our teams around the world, that is both unified but also unique to each team. You’ll build process that makes new team members feel welcome and helps them get up-to-speed quickly. Hint: loom videos will be important here :)
- You will understand the greatest development needs at all levels across the business and address those needs through a Learning & Development program.
- You will make our performance & salary reviews efficient and effective.
- You’ll build fair and transparent compensation, titles, and org structures.
- You will own broader reward and recognition programs, so that our best people feel their work is visible and appreciated.
- You will build systems to help us communicate effectively across teams and locations (communication within each team is owned by those individual teams).
- You will oversee a calendar of Remote First and co-located team events that help foster close relationships among team members.
- You’ll proactively assess and measure the health of our culture, and you’ll create traditions to build and protect our culture.
- You will deeply understand our employees with qualitative and quantitative data so that you can make strong, data driven decisions.
- You will lead the choice and implementation of all People related systems as we grow, with the goal of creating a unified source of truth on each employee.
What We're Looking For
- You have at least 10 years of experience in People related roles at a fast-paced startup environment that demands strategic thinking, analysis, organization, and collaborative communication.
- Ability to attract and retain the best People department Loommates across Talent, People Ops, Workplace, and beyond. This stems from your Optimism, one of our values, about Loom and our ability to tackle every opportunity as long as we have the right people.
- Excellent knowledge of Talent operations, Employee onboarding and development, Compensation philosophy and processes, Culture and community building, and data driven decision making.
- You love numbers and will leverage the data resources at your disposal to make sure every major People function is as data driven with their decisions as possible.
- Unwavering Ownership mentality. Whatever is best for Loom > Department > Self/Individual. We win together.
- You have strong interpersonal and communication skills and able to interact with the highest level of leadership and build rapport with internal and external partners.
- Can write clear and thoughtful documents for internal communication and external thought leadership.
- As one of the most horizontal leaders, you are a conduit of information in many directions, especially at the executive and leadership level. You make sure the right loommates have the right information at the right time as it pertains to People related initiatives.
- Be the ultimate keeper of our Real cultural value. You must be able to coach and be coached. To give and receive tough feedback. To setup the systems for Loommates to be able to do this across the entire company.
- Proactive, hard-working, and resourceful in pushing progress forward and meeting accelerated timelines with minimal oversight.
- You will be a deeply trusted individual at the organization. Loommates can come to you with any topic that you will handle confidentially and sensitively.
- You are based in with the PST to EST timezones to have maximal overlap with rest of Executive team.
How We Work
Freedom and Flexibility: At Loom, we believe work is an act, not a place. When we disengage work from a location, we can accommodate a broad range of life choices. You can choose to work from home or while you travel. If you are in the Bay Area, you can drop by our San Francisco office on 2nd and Market St. We are able to hire across the United States and Canada and are continuing to expand our international presence. And you are free to move within a country without any adjustment to compensation.
Engaging Workday: The key to an engaging workday is finding the right balance between different ways to work sync, async, text and video. Loom makes it easier for us to say what we mean without having to schedule a zoom meeting or struggle to find the right words. And using async communication allows us to free up time for deep work every day. We believe there's a place for sync time - often a conversation on Zoom is exactly what is needed. For team meetings, this ‘sync time’ is typically between 9AM-Noon PT given where the overlap of timezones where Loommates are located.
Work-Rest Balance: The way we balance the fast-paced demands of a high-growth startup and sustainability is making rest a priority. We offer a flexible PTO policy so you're able to take time off when you need it. We also go fully offline once a year between Christmas and New Year (and twice during the Pandemic). Rest is also part of the workday, not just during PTO. Taking a break for personal commitments, whether it's watching the kids or getting some exercise is a natural part of the workday.
Social Connection: Relationships and connectedness matter. We are intentional about building trust and relationships through unique, shared experiences. Our virtual workspace keeps us connected day-to-day whether it's through Looms celebrating wins or our buzzing Slack communities. Loommates are able to meet in person with their teams at least twice a year purely for fun. We have also built local offices for those who want to work or meet in person, starting with San Francisco and New York City.
Perks at Loom
- Competitive compensation and equity package
- 99% company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Healthcare reimbursement (for International employees)
- Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) with 4% company matching
- Professional development reimbursement
- Mental health and wellness reimbursement
- Gym reimbursement
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid parental leave
- Remote work opportunities
- Home office & technology reimbursement
Loom = Equal Opportunity Employer
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences.
We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Loom are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Record and instantly share video messages of your screen, cam, or both. Faster than typing an email or meeting live.