People Operations Associate
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Kickstarter is seeking an enthusiastic People Operations Associate to join our People team.
About the Team
Kickstarter’s People Team is organized into four areas: People Operations, Recruiting, Talent Management, and Employee Experience. We work together to recruit, develop, and retain a group of people who, together, perform at a high-level to bring our mission to life. Outside of work, members of our team sing opera, DJ, sculpt, and perform improv comedy.
In This Role, You Will:
- Assist in implementation of a collective bargaining agreement (CBA).
- Own onboarding and offboarding & assist in administering bi-weekly new hire orientation.
- Field confidential tier 1 level questions in regard to benefits, payroll, leave, etc. and escalate as appropriate.
- Partner with our leave administrator, Sparrow, to manage confidential employee leaves of absences.
- Maintain and update confidential data in our HRIS system (ADP WFN), and audit for accuracy and compliance.
- Assist on payroll processing days to ensure correct & accurate payroll, including the maintenance of dues checkoff authorizations and related payroll deductions.
- Help to organize, streamline & build our internal wiki (Guru).
- Provide administrative support with benefits & payroll invoicing, auditing, employment verifications, ad-hoc reporting & analytics, etc.
- Provide support on confidential ad-hoc people ops initiatives & projects as identified, including but not limited to union related process creation and people team initiatives.
- Adapt & implement people ops processes to increase efficiency.
- Regularly bring industry best practices and regulatory compliance practices; work with Senior Manager, People Ops to ensure all company policies, procedures & compliance requirements are up to date in line with current local, national (state/federal) & international employment laws & regulations. Determine & formulate policies alongside the Senior Manager of People Ops as needed.
- Responsible for the administration of our grievances intake tool (Spot) and managing confidential employee grievances as received.
- You have 1-3 years professional experience- as an HR Generalist or in a People Operations role demonstrating operational excellence and a customer service mindset.
- You’re skilled at maintaining a high level of confidentiality & discretion as this role requires regular involvement in confidential employee/company matters.
- You have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with great attention to detail
- You have strong Excel skills and have professional experience using vlookups and light pivot tables
- You should have some demonstrated knowledge of the HR field, including an understanding of federal, state, and local employment regulations.
- You are curious, not afraid to ask questions or challenge the way we do things
- You have experience with ADP WFN (preferred) or another HRIS.
- You have strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
Kickstarter is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.
Kickstarter is a Public Benefit Corporation, and our mission is to help bring creative projects to life. We measure our success as a company by how well we achieve that mission, not by the size of our profits. In our charter, we spell out our mission, our values, and the commitments we have made to pursue them.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Bringing creative projects to life.