Head of People
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About Spot AI
Spot AI was formed by engineers from Stanford, Cisco Meraki, and Samsara, with the mission of visually indexing the physical world and making that data useful to everyone at work.
With an easy-to-use AI camera system, Spot AI unlocks the power of video data, transforming that into Video Intelligence that helps companies improve their security, safety, efficiency, and more.
In the world of Video Surveillance, security pros would access systems once in a few months to catch the bad guy. In the new world of Video Intelligence, everyone at work - including operations pros, environmental health and safety, security, and the frontline workforce - will all use video intelligence to make better decisions every day.
Spot AI has been quietly building its technology and customer base since its founding in 2018, and already has hundreds of customers and thousands of users. Notably, its customers reach well beyond tech early adopters, spanning from SpaceX to transportation company Cheeseman, Mixt, and Northland Cold Storage.
In 2021, Spot AI scaled bookings 10x and is continuing to grow aggressively. Backed by Redpoint, Bessemer, and Village Global, Spot AI is well-positioned to disrupt the $30b video surveillance market and lead the $100b Video Intelligence movement.
Check it out: Customer testimonial - Choice Labs
The Head of People role
In this role, you will be the first people ops executive on our team and will make decisions that have a significant impact on the growth and long-term success of Spot AI. You will work closely with the CEO and the entire executive team to help build the foundation and set a strategy for our people function.
We are on the lookout for a leader who loves taking things from idea to scale. You are excited by the prospect and challenge of crafting a cohesive people ops org from scratch and scaling it so we can support hundreds of team members in the coming years (we’re looking to grow from 50 to 150 by end of this year). You thrive in environments where there is ambiguity and have the ability to shift gears quickly from high-level strategy to tactical work.
You’ll be the strategic partner to the executive team building out our People and Recruiting org.
On the People side, you will build out people programs that solidify and grow our culture. You’ll also build our L&D infrastructure – we are big believers in identifying strong potential in new hires and supporting them as they grow personally and professionally. You’ll also own and build out a team to manage our HR operations.
On the Recruiting side, you’ll have the chance to set the foundation of recruiting at ground zero, build processes and systems from the ground up and play a foundational role in how talent and recruitment function gets established at Spot AI.
We are looking for a partner on the executive team who’s willing to get in the weeds to build and also able to pull up and design strategy long term.
We have a high horsepower team, a culture that prizes personal and professional growth, and strong founders. Join us to build something remarkable.
- Culture designer - work closely and collaboratively with the executive team, design our company culture by building effective programs that support our team and promote morale while achieving business objectives.
- Org planning and talent acquisition - design our org structure and hiring plans, ensuring near term fulfillment, long term scenario planning, and recruiting strategies are in place. Define and implement strategies to attract, hire and retain top talent.
- Employee learning and development - lead our L&D programs, including onboarding and coaching, and help drive high performance that focuses on career development and growth.
- People operations - own all of the systems, processes, and decisions related to performance review cycles, compensation and benefits administration, employment compliance, and exit logistics.
As our new Head of People, you have:
- 6+ years of comparable experience building out a people function in a high-growth startup environment.
- Proven track record of hiring and retaining exceptional talent.
- Ability to build and manage great teams.
- Proven ability to design and implement people operations strategies that drive business results.
- Very strong work ethic with confidence to work autonomously.
- Highly motivated to succeed both individually and with a young and fast-growing company.
Spot AI Values
- Work backward from the customer’s goals.
- Keep it simple.
- Be curious.
- Bias towards action.
- Focus on getting it right, not on being right.
- Bet on the long term.
Work with Others
- Own your outcomes.
- Help your team.
- Communicate openly and deliberately.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Turn your video security into Video Intelligence