Chief People Officer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Vida, we help people get better — and we’re helping the healthcare system get better, too.
Vida provides expert, personalized, on-demand health coaching and programs through a network of experienced health care providers — like dietitians, therapists, and health coaches and leading medical institutions — coupled with an easy-to-use app with award-winning content.
We focus on chronic conditions — like diabetes, depression, and hypertension — which account for 80% of the $3 trillion spent on healthcare in the US.
By combining advanced technology with the top-notch healthcare providers, Vida is breaking down the barriers that have historically kept people from getting the best care. Vida’s cloud-based platform captures real-time data from 100+ devices and apps and delivers AI-driven insights back to employers, health plans, and providers to improve care. We are trusted by Fortune 1000 companies, major national payers, and large providers to enable their employees to live their healthiest lives.
**Vida is authorized to do business in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Vida is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more about where Vida is registered.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a strategic and data-driven VP of People at Vida Health who will lead Human Resources, Recruiting, Talent and Leadership Development, and People & Workplace Operations. The right individual will bring leadership, creativity, and rigor to our people and culture practices.
The ideal candidate is a leader who is ready to build in the white space and help us define new ways to hire, engage, evaluate, and develop our people. You’re not afraid to take on the compliance and operational rigor that is required of a medical provider corporation while having the creativity, transformative thinking, and boldness to innovate like a Silicon Valley tech company. We want a leader who will help us create a legacy company that transforms healthcare by blending the two disciplines. We’ve removed the red tape here to get things done quickly, so if you see a problem, own the solution.
As a member of our Executive Lead Team, you will represent the voice of the employees and serve as the strategic thought leader to our executive team. You will lead, organize, and direct all aspects of the Human Resources, administrative, and recruiting functions including on-boarding and off-boarding talent, training and development, performance management, employee compensation, benefits, compliance and most importantly employee relations and culture. This position reports directly to our Chief Executive Officer.
- Establish trust as a strategic thought leader, influencer, and change agent responsible for implementing people initiatives and cultural change across Vida Health and Vida Medical (a licensed medical provider in 50 states)
- Build a scalable performance culture that can remain strong and consistent across multiple markets, by implementing scalable process and technology infrastructure to support a business as it grows towards 500+ employees and 1,500+ contingent workers
- Design, develop, execute, measure, and improve connected talent, leadership capability and culture (Diversity and Inclusion, Engagement Surveys, Values, Distributed Workforce, Onboarding and Offboarding, Manager Development, Internal Communications) strategies
- Lead the strategy, design, and implementation of a distributed company culture while managing the San Francisco office and facilities strategy
- Create/deploy an integrated talent management framework including identification and assessment, succession planning, emerging talent and high potential processes
- Evaluate compensation strategy and philosophy, promotional processes, current HR policies and procedures etc. and implement creative compensation policies and equity structures to innovate and align with industry best practices
- Build an employer brand and culture that is new and exciting, resonates with current and potential employees, clients and helps us transform healthcare
- Manage employee relations matters
- Deliver on a talent acquisition strategy and operating model that allows the business to find best in class talent
- Re-align the core people strategy, and continue to improve the operational structure and people across: Talent acquisition; People development; HR operations; Compensation and benefits; Workplace operations; Talent branding; DE&I
- At least 3-5 years prior experience as Head of People, VP People, or equivalent OR the “number two” in the function at a larger global organization
- Experience managing or operating multiple HR functions in the course of your career Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication
- Strong presentation skills; having presented to Executives and Boards
- Located in the Pacific or Mountain Time Zone highly preferred
To Help Us Level Up, You’ll Bring
- Experience leading the People function for a growth-stage technology company of 1,000+ employees
- Experience building for and through growth and major transformational change with a pre-IPO, public company, or leading a company through an IPO process and/or acquisition experience including due diligence and integration is preferred
- Detail orientation and analytical rigor with the ability to elevate strategically and THINK DIFFERENTLY
- Ability and knowledge to guide and manage the strategy for our full time and contingent workforce
- Expertise as a strategic business partner
- Experience rolling out programs across different geographies, functions and levels; adapting programs accordingly to land with our “Bay Area Tech” and our “Nationwide Care Provider” employees
- Proven team leader and builder of high-performing, distributed teams, with experience in a performance-driven culture
- Experience facilitating across a variety of stakeholders, functions, and leaders
- Experience using human-centered design to create customer-focused programs
- A continuous improvement mindset, shipping quickly, testing and iterating based on feedback and data
- Competitive compensation with meaningful stock options
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance (We cover 100% of your premium and 80% for your dependents)
- Healthcare FSA Plan
- Dependent Care FSA Plans
- Commuter and Parking Benefits
- 401k Program
- Flexible PTO Policy
- Paid Parental Leave
- 10 Paid Company Holidays
- We’re a distributed company, so you can work from most US states (We still have a HQ office in San Francisco)
- Access to a Vida Health Coach and the full Vida app
- New hire home office stipend
- Monthly wellness benefit
- Training and leadership development programs
- Weekly meetups with team members across the country through our #connectandcommit program
- Quarterly all-company events
- Quarterly team-based connection opportunities
- Significant opportunities for growth and development as the business grows
Vida is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Diversity is more than a commitment at Vida—it is the foundation of what we do. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our platform and those we serve. Vida is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures.
We do not accept unsolicited assistance from any headhunters or recruitment firms for any of our job openings. All resumes or profiles submitted by search firms to any employee at Vida in any form without a valid, signed search agreement in place for the specific position will be deemed the sole property of Vida. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Vida as a result of the unsolicited referral.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Healthcare designed for body and mind