People Operations Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Be a Part of Something Big
At Alto, we're changing the way people invest for the future.
For too long, only the ultra-wealthy could afford to benefit from alternative investments, and that meant a lot of missed opportunities for everyday investors. Alto was founded on the belief that a diversified portfolio is essential to investing for the future, and that's only possible if everyone can invest in the assets they're truly interested in.
So we created a solution that allows ordinary people to invest their tax-advantaged retirement funds into non-traditional assets, like real estate, startups, securitized artworks, cryptocurrency, and more.
By joining Alto's growing team, you'll be helping to make our mission a reality. And you'll work with some truly unique people who are passionate about what they do. We're also pretty big on celebrating individuality—after all, one of our core values is "you do you." And we actually live it. Really.
Alto’s People Operations Manager is solution-driven and thrives in a results-driven environment. This role is expected to deliver on a wide range of complex People Operations projects, develop business cases and know how to create and adapt policies and processes. This is a hands-on role that will require you to roll up your sleeves to ensure our people are supported while also contributing to our longer-term people strategy.
What you'll do
- Oversees, navigates, and helps optimize People Operations pillars such as Payroll, Benefits, Employee Experience, Onboarding, Offboarding, and more to ensure a positive and consistent employee experience that is reflective of the Alto culture.
- Acts as a people leader and provides day-to-day management, support, and guidance to junior People Operations team member(s). Escalates when necessary if complex, specialized, and/or sensitive questions or issues come up.
- Optimizes and maintains our payroll and people information systems, tools, and data. Periodically audits data quality and tests new functionality and reports.
- Helps define and improve how quickly and accurately we address all questions that come to the People team, ensuring empathy in all responses.
- Proactively maintains knowledge and strong command of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in a broad range of people operations topics.
- Helps ensure that our People policies scale with the company, providing structure without excess restriction or complexity.
- Assists in communicating People Operations strategies, insights, and opportunities in clear, concise, and compelling ways that resonate across teams.
- Champions, reinforces, and strengthens our company values and culture as we scale, ensuring that Alto continues to be an inclusive workplace where all of our team members (Altonians) can thrive and do their best work.
- Performs other duties as necessary and assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in HR or related field
- 7+ years of progressive People Operations or HR experience
- Demonstrable experience across all People Operations functional areas, including employee experience, employment law/compliance, engagement, training and development, performance management, and benefits
- Highly independent and results-driven in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Demonstrates confidence in building and effectively managing interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- Excellent active listening, negotiation, and presentation/public speaking skills
- Project management skills with a meticulous attention to detail and communication around statuses and deadlines
- Ability to handle complex situations with discretion while maintaining confidentiality
Why Alto? We are a dynamic and collaborative team, all working towards a common goal. With every interaction, you feel our culture throughout our company. We care about diversity, inclusion, and belonging, and every voice is heard. We also care most about our people. We show it through our actions, and we offer a lot of really great benefits, including:
- A generous open PTO policy
- No-cost health insurance for employees*
- 401(k) with company match
- Equity as a part of your compensation
- A competitive compensation and benefits package
- 12 paid holidays
- Discounted and/or free Alto investor accounts
- Four to 12 weeks paid parental leave
- A remote-first culture - work from home or our Nashville office
- Flexibility to work from anywhere
- An emphasis on work-life balance
- No-meeting Fridays
Well, what are you waiting for? Apply already! :)
Alto is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination of Any Kind
Alto is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Alto are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Alto will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Alto encourages applicants of all ages.
Founded in 2015, AltoIRA aka Alto is a rapidly growing fintech startup based in Nashville, TN. At Alto, we’re building a next-generation platform to provide clients with the tools and opportunities they need to invest retirement funds into alternative assets. We’re empowering everyone to invest in what they choose and supporting their desire to take a more active role in shaping their financial future. The Alto platform streamlines the process for individual investors and advisors to access, research, and invest in alternative assets using retirement funds. It connects investors with private companies, fund managers, and over 50 recognized investment platforms, including Coinbase, Republic, Masterworks, and EquityZen, that offer access to a wide range of alternative assets, including startups, shares in artwork, real estate, cryptocurrency, and more.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Invest in private equity, venture capital, real estate, cryptocurrency, and other alternative assets with Alto.