People Operations Specialist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About Open Core Ventures
At Open Core Ventures, we form companies centered around open source software projects with commercial applications. Rather than founders pitching us for investments, OCV identifies open source projects with traction and potential and seeks out builders and technologists to launch our ideas.
About The People Ops Team
The People Ops Team enables OCV’s success by designing and leading innovative people programs that attract and enable our companies to do their best work. Our team is composed of Recruiting and People Operations. Together, we support all initiatives involving attracting, hiring, onboarding, engaging, and developing leaders.
The People Ops Specialist owns the administrative functions along the entire employee journey of onboarding, payroll preparation, employee data, HR management, and offboarding while crafting a positive experience with each interaction.
- Assisting with the management of daily operational activities.
- Creating user accounts, managing access and updating employee information.
- Provides technical support, troubleshooting, and guidance to employees.
- Respond to employee queries from all employees globally on people matters.
- Work with the People Operations Manager to proactively identify team challenges, suggest, and propose improvement initiatives/plans.
- Identify trends through data, conduct analyses, and propose systematic operational solutions across various People data-related matters and processes (i.e., process improvements, process efficiencies, etc.).
- Implement initiatives and templates that can be utilized by the broader people operations team members.
- Managing high-volume scheduling of interviews for candidates in our recruitment process.
- Collaborating with the People Operations Manager to identify what is currently working well and where organizational efficiencies can be improved.
- Working closely with the People team to improve the candidate experience during the offer and onboarding stages.
- Owning and creating job postings for our internal careers page and external job sites including LinkedIn.
- Updating various reports and worksheets with critical and confidential data.
- Identifying bottlenecks in current processes and providing recommendations for strategic improvements.
- Reviewing candidate offers to ensure accuracy and collaborating with the legal team to keep offer templates updated.
- Provide support for the offer process including drafting and sending offers.
- Schedule and organize team events.
- Coordinate background checks.
- Completes Forms I-9, verifies I-9 documentation and maintains I-9 files.
- Manage various people-related insurance programs such as workers comp and disability & paid family leave across different states.
- Support the evaluation and implementation of various HR, performance management, and payroll systems.
- Help maintain and update operational documents including but not limited to the Employee Handbook, expense guidelines, onboarding/offboarding processes.
- Conducts audits of payroll, benefits or other HR programs and recommends corrective action.
- Assists with processing of terminations.
- Remote start-up experience required
- BA/BS degree or 2+ years of HR experience with operational, project management, and/or program management activities
- Used to G Suite, Slack or other convenient technologies for workplaces
- Broad experience with software tools and systems, including Carta
- Strong problem-solving skills, with experience implementing processes that scale
- Manage and execute multiple ongoing projects with high attention to detail and organizational skills
- Team player approach who can jump in and support the team on a variety of topics and tasks
- Strong track record of developing and maintaining reliable process documentation
- The ability to remain composed with aggressive timelines and a high volume of activities
- Exceptional ethics around confidentiality and highly sensitive information
- An ability to build partnerships and establish rapport and credibility at all levels
- The instinct to create personal and professional stretch goals and meet them
- An ability to work collaboratively with colleagues around the world
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field and/or equivalent experience.
- At least two years related experience required.
The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be at the company’s sole discretion, and determined by a myriad of factors including, but not limited to, years of experience, depth of experience, and other relevant business considerations. The company also reserves the right to amend or modify employee perks and benefits at any time.
At Open Core Ventures we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more.
Open Core Ventures is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
All software should be open and everyone can become an entrepreneur.