Head of Executive Recruiting
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
We’re looking for a Head of Executive Recruiting, Square to join our team responsible for hiring the next generation of leaders at Square. You will work directly with our executive team on hiring and organizational strategy and will fill the most important roles within their organizations. You will design and execute strategies to engage the world’s best through a number of channels (social and professional networks, start-up and entrepreneurial communities, etc.) and any other creative methods you can conceive. Throughout the entire process, you will provide an unparalleled experience, while serving as an advisor to candidates and internal partners alike.
- Report to Head of Talent for Square
- Lead and build out a small team focused on executive and leadership recruiting aligned with the business unit
- Collaborate with the Executive Recruiting center of excellence to partner on strategies and shared resources.
- Manage the full cycle recruitment process, ensuring a high quality, and bespoke candidate experience
- Partner with our leadership team on key open positions, role prioritization and key candidate quality assessment
- Manage a sourcer who will create and deploy unique sourcing strategies to bring in new leaders
- Engage in various projects including succession planning and market mapping
- Commit to inclusive hiring in order to contribute to a culture guided by diverse backgrounds and ideas
- At least 10 years of full cycle executive recruiting experience, and management experience preferable
- Experience building strategic partnerships with hiring teams and cross functional team members in order to uplevel your function
- A solution oriented mindset. You see potential challenges as opportunities to learn and grow
- A desire and aptitude in building organizations that take into account holistic team composition and long term vision
- Deep sourcing and market mapping expertise a must
- Global recruiting experience a plus
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
make commerce easy