People Business Partner
This job is no longer accepting applications.
BitGo is the leader in digital asset financial services, providing institutional investors with liquidity, custody, and security solutions. In 2020, BitGo launched Prime Trading and Lending, as well as BitGo Portfolio and Tax, providing clients with a full-stack solution for digital assets. In 2018, it launched BitGo Trust Company, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for storing digital assets. BitGo processes over 20% of all global Bitcoin transactions, and supports over 400 coins and tokens on 14 Blockchains. BitGo's customer base includes the world's largest cryptocurrency exchanges and institutional investors and spans more than 50 countries. BitGo is backed by Goldman Sachs, Craft Ventures, Digital Currency Group, DRW, Galaxy Digital Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, and Valor Equity Partners.
BitGo is seeking an experienced People (Human Resources) professional. This role will report to the Head of Business Partners and will be based in The Bay Area. The People Business Partner will take a consultative approach to support the rapidly growing company by leading, implementing, and delivering People initiatives in the partnership organizations he/she will be supporting by acting as a change agent. This role will work to prioritize strategic people's priorities and solutions that accelerate the achievement of business plans through talent management, diversity and inclusion, rewards and recognition, and organizational effectiveness.
- Act as a strategic consultant to the Leadership team, enacting positive change and growth
- Build credibility with clients by providing insight and guidance
- Design and leverage integrated people strategies based on a holistic understanding of the diverse workforce
- Drive the attraction, development, and retention of top talent
- Understand the overall organizational structure and make recommendations as business needs continue to evolve
- Partner with leaders on organization design and team dynamics
- Support deployment of global People initiatives and programs
- Translate external business trends into internal organization actions, understanding the general business conditions (e.g., social, technological, economic, political, environmental, and demographic trends) that affect the industry
- Identify possible business problems and implement solution strategy
- Provide day-to-day coaching to team managers and mentees
- Build and maintain a professional external network to stay informed on trend changes in all aspects of People/Human Resources. Ability to understand the general business conditions (e.g., social, technological, economic, political, environmental, and demographic trends) that affect our industry.
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in People/HR or related field
- 5+ years of HR/People work experience, preferably as a HR/People Generalist or HRBP/PBP
- Experience supporting a Technology organization in a dynamic, high-growth company
- Knowledge in a broad range of HR/People functional areas
- Exceptional communication skills (written, verbal and listening)
- Collaboration experience in a matrix environment
- Strong communication skills both verbal and nonverbal
- Ability to assess and act on management needs
- Strong project management skills
- Experience leading a team, as well as hiring and developing talent
- Familiarity with Cryptocurrency
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Why Join BitGo?
Disrupting an industry takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration, and execution. Join a team of great people who strive for excellence and personify our corporate values of ownership, craftsmanship, and open communication. We are looking for new colleagues who bring innovative ways of thinking and problem solving, and who want risks to be part of the team that changes the world's financial markets.
Here are some of the benefits of working at BitGo:
- Competitive base salary, bonus and stock options
- 100% company paid health insurance for employee, partner and dependents
- Up to 5% 401k company match
- Paid parental leave, paid vacation
- Free custom lunches, dinners and snacks
- Computer equipment and workplace furniture to suit your needs
- Great colleagues and inspiring startup environment
- Benefits may vary based on location
Cryptocurrencies are the most disruptive change the financial services industry has seen in years. Join us and you'll be able to look back and say you were part of the team that transformed investing.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Delivering trust in digital currency with the industry’s most complete offering of security, compliance, and custody.