People Operations Coordinator
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
The People Operations team plays a critical role at the center of Discord, building out the infrastructure and tools that enable global operations and efficiency across our rapidly growing organization. People Services is a sub-team of People Operations, serving as the nucleus of the organization’s operations by maintaining a high level of data integrity, serving as the first point of contact for employee and business partner inquiries and serving as key partners in critical cross-functional processes.
What you’ll be doing
- Maintain a high level of integrity for employee data in Workday, our HRIS (HR Information System) while processing and auditing a high volume of requests for employee job and data changes, including but not limited to: new hire onboarding, terminations and annual compensation cycles
- Serve as first responder to employee inquiries related to benefits, enrollments, payroll, company policies, verifications of employment, etc. in accordance with SLA standards; triage and/or escalate tickets to partner teams as needed
- Partner closely with Payroll, Finance and Accounting to process payroll checklist activities in a timely manner every pay period
- Complete requests for reports from key cross-functional teams; partner with People Systems to identify opportunities for technology automation and collaborate on solutions to increase efficiency and self-service where appropriate
- Partner closely with People Partners to provide POps support in service of their client groups
- Develop and regularly maintain internal knowledge base articles and resources to empower employees to be self-directed and successful
- Organize and maintain internal records and documentation and perform regular audits to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Partner with cross-functional teams including, but not limited to Global Onboarding, Legal and Compliance
- Support broader People Operations initiatives as needed
What you should have
- Exceptional detail orientation and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with discretion with sensitive and confidential information
- A commitment to and track record of delivering high touch, world class service to internal and external customers
- Adaptability and openness to learning and incorporating new processes and solutions
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving capability
- A sense of urgency in juggling multiple priorities
- Excellent and dynamic verbal, written and communication skills; must be capable of communicating information to diverse audiences in a virtual and in-person environment
- Comfortable interfacing with all types of people
- 1-2 years of experience in administration, human resources or related field
- A passion for and understanding of Discord’s mission and values
- Experience with onboarding, engagement and culture a strong plus
- Experience with Workday for HR information systems
- Experience with Google, Microsoft Office, Asana and Notion for office communication
- Experience with Zendesk for case management and customer support
Benefits and Perks - Eligible to Fulltime Employees
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Generous stipends for headphones, your remote work setup, and lunch on a daily basis (while we’re all remote)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Discord is the easiest way to talk over voice, video, and text.