Chief People Officer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
With nearly $2 billion in bookings of experiences, the Peek.com platform combines powerful business software with an award-winning marketplace for consumers to book fun things to do like wine tours, watersports, skydiving, art classes, and more.
The Peek Pro software suite provides world-class online booking, point-of-sale, and hundreds of automation tools such as inventory management, dynamic pricing, waivers, and marketing analytics. Thousands of operators like the Museum of Ice Cream, Artechouse, and Pennekamp State Park have grown their business and automated their operations with our technology.
Peek follows a “remote-first” philosophy, with our team of over 150 Peeksters distributed across exciting locales such as San Francisco, Salt Lake City, New York, Seattle, Chile, Colombia and beyond.
PS: Peek just made the 2021 Forbes America's Best Startups Employer list!
Peek is seeking a Chief People Officer, reporting to the CEO. During this phase of high growth, they will be a trusted advisor and business partner to the CEO and executive team to ensure that all people and HR strategies are forward looking and aligned with broader business objectives. As a remote first working environment, the successful candidate will further build out the HR function for continuous improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the organization while providing professional development opportunities for the team. They will define and lead a Talent Strategy aligned to the business strategy in areas such as organizational design, talent management, diversity and inclusion, leadership development, performance management and employee engagement, compensation and benefits, and HR Operations.
Peek has a strong culture that values diversity and inclusion. The Chief People Officer will continue to champion these initiatives within the organization.
- Diligently manage and enable scalable growth
- Serve as the strategic business advisor to the CEO and broader executive management team, effectively connecting Peek’s mission & vision to people practices. Partner with the C-Suite to direct organizational planning efforts around the corporate structure, job design, headcount forecasting, etc.
- Translate the strategic business plans into HR strategic and tactical operational plans
- Develop the global talent acquisition philosophy, and design the framework to enable agile and scalable growth
- Lead the effort to define the employee experience and workforce plan in the post-Covid, remote environment
- Enable Peek’s employee value proposition, positioning Peek as an employer of choice through people-centric best practices to promote employee engagement
- Possess and maintain knowledge of global HR policies, programs, laws, issues and cultural norms. Utilize this knowledge and expertise to design and implement effective programs
- Create learning and development programs to continue to engage employees and prepare them for more significant responsibilities as the company grows and scales
- Develop HR planning models to identify competency, knowledge and talent gaps and develop specific programs for filling these gaps
- Proven HR expertise and background within high growth companies, with increasing levels of accountability and seniority, and with significant time spent working with highly effective and driven executive teams
- Strong EQ with cultivated interpersonal skills with varied high growth organizations and expertise in leading HR organizations
- Strong initiative, always striving to raise the bar and inspiring the same from those around them
- Possess a high level of integrity, being highly credible internally as well as with business partners and investors
- A continuous learning mindset along with nimbleness and agility to work through ambiguity and the unknown
- A high level of ownership, confidentiality, and attention to detail
- An ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- A deep understanding of equity compensation and dealing with an evolving compensation model
- An effective communicator, having extensive experience in people development, coaching and mentoring
Perks & Benefits
Peek invests in our employee’s health and well-being. We’ve built our benefits package around our Peekster’s needs including full health care, dental, and vision plans, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401k matching, two-week company recharge at the end of the year, and competitive compensation packages that include significant equity upside that allows you to share in Peek’s long-term success.
Peek Travel Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We make the world's tours & activities easily bookable.