Senior People Partner
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we’ve built and have been recognized as:
- Forbes Fintech 50 2021
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2021
- Inc. Best-Led Companies 2021
- TIME 100 Most Influential Company 2021
We’re growing and looking for...
We continue to hire Robinhoodies at a rapid pace to drive this journey, and with that growth comes necessary change. We’re seeking culture builders and curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. We’re in build mode, majorly expanding our team while also growing up as a company. Joining now means helping shape our structures and systems, then taking part as we launch into our ambitious future.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
Our People team plays a critical role in finding and growing world-class talent to achieve our mission and we need your help!
As a People Partner (what we call HRBPs) with our Product group, you'll help make Robinhood an amazing place to work where our engineers, product managers and designers can grow and thrive as part of a community they belong in. By partnering with the Infrastructure leadership, you’ll set our employees up for solving some of the toughest problems in the financial & tech industries. You'll be a critical member of the PeopleX team in helping to build and maintain initiatives, lead operational processes, and deliver programs that help people succeed.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Advising Senior or Executive Leaders: Through building close partnerships with some of our most senior leaders in engineering, security and privacy, product, research and design, and obtaining a deep understanding of Robinhood’s business and the foundational role our Infrastructure Team plays, you’ll enable the technology organization to solve critical and complex business challenges.
- Driving a clear people strategy: By working alongside business leaders, you’ll bring together your people expertise with knowledge of our business to create and execute on a people strategy that proactively grows, develops and engages our talent.
- Coaching and developing managers: You’ll leverage your experience in change management, building high performing teams, and navigating difficult conversations to coach managers and leaders and set them up for success from onboarding through the full range of the employee journey.
- Implementing and driving workforce planning: Balancing velocity of change and intentional org design, you will partner with business leaders to design their future organizations, map the path to the future state, and partner with recruitment to execute
- Managing organizational change: You’ll collaborate with other People team members to effectively communicate and land organizational changes by advocating for your group’s specific needs and facilitating company-wide communications and trainings
- Advising compensation design: By partnering directly with our compensation team, you’ll help drive decisions that align our culture with our reward strategies while ensuring internal equity
- Championing the Technical culture: You’ll be responsible for championing and stewarding the culture of our Engineering teams - ensuring that their unique voices, perspectives, and challenges are heard
- Rolling up your sleeves: From data entry to ad-hoc administrative work, you’re ready to jump in and do what it takes to support our people operations and programs
- Project manage complex programs: You’ll work closely with the business, COEs and fellow people partners to drive the project management of certain programs where we’re building the foundation of the technology group. As we scale quickly, we need to make sure our foundation: how we level, define career paths, measure and reward success, or growing too.
- 8+ years of HR experience, minimum 4 years supporting senior leaders in an HRBP capacity
- Expertise in building trusting relationships with leaders at all levels
- Experience working with a technology focused client group
- A deep sense of empathy and understanding for the needs of diverse groups of people
- Ability to strike a balance between strategic partnership-building and getting things done
- Comfort with interpreting and using people data to tell a story and translating it into actionable strategy
- A passion for advocating for others, speaking up even when it’s difficult, and seeing others accomplish their goals
- Experience working with engineering, product, security, design or research client groups
- A passion for seeing others grow through coaching, mentoring, and career development
- Use of first principles thinking in navigating challenges facing an engineering org bringing “tech” to a heavily regulated industry
- Experience managing satellite offices and driving strong engagement
- Experience working and learning in a high growth, fast-paced environment
We are excited to share that Robinhood is a primarily remote company! Our mission to democratize finance for all starts with our people, and that means bringing in and supporting Robinhoodies who can best help drive our mission forward — no matter where they’re based in the country. Read more here.
This job is following Robinhood’s Primarily Work from Anywhere model which means the Robinhoodie can work anywhere in the country of employment.
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood's benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).
Your application has been successfully submitted.
investing for everyone