Director, Talent Management
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Who We Are:
Twitter’s what’s happening in the world right now. And we serve the public conversation by empowering people to share ideas, build community, and access information in an instant.
We’re currently looking for a Director to lead the Talent Management function and team, as part of the Career Experience organization. Our focus for Talent Management is to build and lead programs that are principled and intentional, driven by data and aligned with our growing and dynamic business. Our programs offer simple, straightforward solutions with an employee first mindset. And they are scalable across teams and borders, designed to flex and grow with Twitter.
The Career Experience org helps people grow their careers and increase their impact @Twitter (and beyond). We lead with empathy, question the status quo, and ensure opportunities are fair and accessible for all. How? By creating programs and resources that make it easy for anyone, anywhere to identify their strengths, address gaps, and understand how their work plays a role in building Twitter for the better.
What You’ll Do:
In this role, you’ll be:
- Leading and coaching a team of Program Managers overseeing performance management, talent & succession planning, feedback, promotions, and more
- Shaping the strategy behind the ongoing transformation of Twitter’s Talent Management programs, processes, and systems
- Continuously focusing on improving the employee and manager career experience
- Providing strategic support to leadership by partnering in the development and execution of organizational talent strategies
- Serving as a trusted and credible advisor who anticipates talent needs across the business and proactively recommends and drives scalable, straightforward solutions
- Conducting ongoing internal and external research to innovate and evolve world-class programs
- Facilitating alignment on projects, leveraging functional expertise, and driving timely execution of deliverables with multiple cross-functional teams including HRBP, Compensation, L&D, I&D, Talent Acquisition, Strategy & Operations, People Systems, People Analytics, and Communications
- Leading communication and change management strategies
Who You Are:
You possess these skills:
- Ability to build, motivate, and develop a high performing, globally distributed team
- Ability to set a strategic plan and aligned desired outcomes to execute multi-year talent strategies
- Ability to deeply understand business needs and influence key stakeholders to adopt new, creative ideas
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial environment and versatility to manage multiple projects, priorities, and urgent issues successfully and simultaneously
- Expertise in HR Programs with a focus on talent management, performance management, and career development
- Expertise in change management best practices and implementation, with a client or customer focused mentality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across organizational levels and functions
- A deeply collaborative nature with a #oneteam approach
- A global mindset, positive attitude, and passion for Twitter
If this sounds like you, you probably have experience with:
- Creating and driving Talent Management strategies and best practices in a complex multi-functional and global environment
- Developing strategy documents and pitches for leadership
- Identifying trends, gaps, and opportunities based on data
- Leading transformative work and managing interdependencies between various programs and implementations
- Managing a distributed team of highly skilled Program Managers
- Leading development and execution of communication plans, communication collateral, training and change adoption strategies
- Presenting to groups at all levels and the ability to answer challenging questions with poise and confidence
- Partnering with systems and business teams to understand future technical and functional needs and influencing roadmaps to meet those needs
- BA/BS in related area of focus (Human Resources, Management, I/O Psychology, Organizational Development)
- Minimum 10-12 years related experience, preferably in Talent/HR Program Management, Learning/Organizational Development, or HR Leadership
- Experience managing a team of 3+
- Experience with Workday (preferred) or other 3rd party HRIS
Twitter is what’s happening and what people are talking about right now. For us, life's not about a job, it's about purpose. We believe real change starts with conversation. Here, your voice matters. Come as you are and together we'll do what's right (not what's easy) to serve the public conversation.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.