People Analytics Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto?
Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
Coinbase is looking for a People Analytics Manager who will manage a team of People Analytics Advisors and data scientists. In this role, People Analytics Manager will be responsible for consulting and developing data driven solutions to enable HR/Business leaders to make evidence-based decisions and support the alignment of People and Business strategies
If you thrive in an inclusive culture that encourages entrepreneurial spirit and learning from failed projects as much as it values successful ones, Coinbase is the right place for you. We are looking for an individual who can solve problems using a hypothesis driven approach and deliver actionable insights.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Lead a team of People analytics advisors , Viz experts, Data engineers and data scientists, providing structure, support and direction while enabling them to support the needs of the People Success team.
- Manage collaboration with various People Success team stakeholders across Recruiting, Talent, and the Business (e.g., Engineering) to understand and report on People insights around recruiting (e.g., supply/demand, hiring funnel, projection)
- Generates insights to support executive presentations and documentation and creates executive-ready analytics deliverables (e.g., reports, PPTs)
- Project manages Recruiting-specific data deliverables that cross multiple people analytics service offerings-teams
- Develops deep expertise in data critical to Recruiting (e.g., Avature, Taleo, SAP) to generate insights on presentations and documentation to various levels of stakeholders
- Advises Recruiting team on key opportunities discovered by data and bring data into the discussion.
- Stays abreast of and advises on external Recruiting Analytics trends and technologies in the HR analytics field
- Analyze and integrate large data sets that yield valuable organizational and divisional insights
- Effectively communicate findings to audiences of various technical ability and seniority
- Act as Leader and SME for People Success Team in the Coinbase Community of Practice and share best practices
- Mentor and support HR community on fundamentals of People metrics and insights
- Help with improving the data privacy and security and demonstrate judicious use of sensitive People data
- Mentor junior analysts and collaborate effectively with IT, EAA and Security teams
- Develop measurement frameworks and collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure consistent definitions and segmentation of metrics
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 6-8 years of quantitative & client-oriented work experience
- MS with 4+ years of experience in People Analytics or background in I/O Psychology, Organizational Design
- Experience leading people through influence. Strong project management skills - prioritize work in a disciplined and rigorous manner, equally exhibiting “big picture” thinking and attention to detail, with an unflappable willingness to lead through change in a fast-paced environment
- Experience conducting quantitative & qualitative research in an applied setting and analyzing data from surveys or experimental research
- Experience translating technical information for non-technical audiences. An analytical creative who turns feedback into action -- you know you need data to tell the story, but that data doesn’t tell a story on its own
- Experience with cloud-based people analytics software
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado is either $144,500 or $170,850 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Please note that for employees based in the US, Philippines, Canada or Singapore, if your role requires you to be present in a Coinbase office or if you choose to be physically present in a Coinbase office or sponsored location, participate in any in-person gathering (including offsites) or engage in business travel sponsored by Coinbase, you will be required to be fully vaccinated (as defined by applicable law). If you receive an offer, you will receive additional information about the grounds and process for an exemption.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
buy and sell digital currency