This job is no longer accepting applications.
The world has changed. Why hasn’t insurance?
Kin’s mission is to reimagine home insurance For Every New Normal. While other insurers struggle to handle a fast-changing world, Kin is built for the future and is prepared to meet its challenges head on while helping our customers do the same.
Kin is proud to be one of BuiltIn Chicago’s 2021 and 2022 Best Mid Sized Companies to work for, and Forbes 2021 Best Startup Employers in North America. Simply put, our people are what make us great, and we need forward-thinking, inspired game-changers like you to join us in our mission.
So, what’s the role?
As the Senior Vice President of People, you are the champion of our organization’s culture. You’ll create strategies that engage and develop our growing employee base, while ensuring our business is structured successfully to support that growth.
This crucial role sits at the center of our organization, working across all departments and with every leader at Kin. You’ll be a driving force of strategy, a consultant and partner to other leaders, and you’ll oversee a department of over 10 people to help operationally deliver on our goals.
A day in the life could include:
- Coaching, mentoring, and elevating the people team for continued success
- Working with our executive team to develop and deliver on company OKRs and key change initiatives
- Meeting with senior leaders to deliver on department-specific goals
- Designing performance, benefits, compensation, and equity programs
- Developing company HR plans and policies and ensuring their effectiveness
- Directing initiatives supporting equal opportunity, diversity, and inclusion
- Managing a diverse team of HR talent with responsibilities that span employee relations, talent management, recruiting, training and education, HR compliance and regulations, HRIS (HR systems) management, and more
- Solving challenges that emerge at a rapidly-growing company while inspiring a thriving company culture
I’ve got the skills… but do I have the necessary ones?
- Experienced in creating a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Excited to cultivate a thriving remote-first company culture
- Experience working with software development teams
- Experienced in developing career paths to enable employee growth and learning
- Ability to be a hands-on doer and while also driving and working at a strategic level
- Experienced in managing and implementing employee benefits, equity, and incentive programs
- Has built an HR organization that has doubled in size
- Has scaled a high-growth company from a few hundred to over 2000
- Passionate about using data to drive decision-making
- Has at least 10 years of progressive HR experience and currently accountable for HR in a Vice President, Senior Vice President or Chief People Officer Role
- Experienced in overseeing recruiting strategy at a fast-growing company
- Excellent communication skills with high emotional intelligence - able to work at the senior leadership level and other levels of the organization
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (including 100% employer-paid plans)
- Flexible PTO policy
- Very generous equity options and 401K
- Parental Leave
- Continuing education and professional development
- Disability and Life Insurance
- The excitement of joining a high-growth Insurtech company and seeing your work make an impact
In an industry that hasn't budged in more than 100 years, our technology transforms the user experience, cuts inefficiencies that waste billions of consumer dollars, and customizes coverage homeowners want. We believe insurance was always meant to be a digital product – we’re making that a reality.
Our approach to the industry makes us unique, and the people at Kin help us excel. We’re a team of problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and dreamers who are passionate about creating positive change in the lives of our customers and in our industry. Kin is more than just our name – it’s how we treat each other. That’s one of the many reasons we’ve been recognized as a great place to work by Built In, Forbes, and Fast Company.
Kin is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We don't just accept difference – we honor it, nurture it, and celebrate it. We don’t discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The world has changed. Why hasn't insurance? Kin. For Every New Normal.