People Operations Specialist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Check is a payroll-as-a-service API that lets you embed payroll directly in your vertical SaaS, HR, or time-tracking platform. Our API abstracts away the complexities of running payroll: tax calculation, remittance, and filing, plus the movement of money between companies and employees. This enables companies to easily build fully integrated payroll products to offer to their customers.
As People Operations Specialist at Check, you serve as the first line of support for our growing team. You are the primary point of contact when Checketeers have questions about People Operations services and programs, and you ensure a positive and rich experience through every stage of the employee lifecycle. Most importantly, you are responsible for ensuring that all Checketeers are onboarded quickly and efficiently, empowered with the information, training, and tools they need to thrive day-to-day, and supported through career milestones and employment changes over time. The ideal candidate for this role is highly organized, a skilled communicator and presenter, and knows how to balance results-oriented and process-oriented thinking to build effective processes for scale.
In this role, you will:
- Provide first-line support for employee inquiries and user support for People Operations tools, services, and processes; escalate complex inquiries when necessary
- Maximize overall efficiency and impact of People Operations technologies, with a focus on system integrations and self-service resources, and ensure that Check is fully leveraging all available resources and tools
- Develop compliant, scalable, and efficient People Operations processes and systems that shape the employee lifecycle and support Check culture, with a focus on workflow automation
- Manage workflows for all key employee transition points, including onboarding, offboarding, promotions, transfers, and relocations, to ensure efficiency and consistency across the organization
- Partner with managers across business units to maintain up-to-date employee levels and job descriptions after each performance review cycle and during reorgs
- In partnership with other People Operations Specialists, ensure the overall integrity of Check’s employee files and data
- Design and deliver regular People Operations orientation sessions for new hires, including training on Check’s technologies and tools, policies, and procedures
- Work with managers to ensure all new hires have a customized 30-60-90 day onboarding plan and regular touchpoints for performance feedback and calibration
- Design and implement new growth and development programs, such as employee mentorship programs, cross-training opportunities, lunch and learn sessions, and/or networking opportunities
- Build and maintain Check’s People Operations knowledge base, including documentation of key workflows and processes and other reference materials
- Manage relationships and contracts with key People Operations vendors and service providers
- Collaborate with the Workplace Experience Manager to drive employee engagement and retention
- Assist with special projects and perform other activities related to the general administration of the People Operations function as needed
Many backgrounds could fit this role, but ideal candidates will have some or all of the following:
- 3+ years of relevant experience in People Operations/HR, learning & development, and/or project management
- Experience managing systems and processes in a fast-growing startup
- Familiarity with HR technology trends and best practices
- Understanding of federal, state, and local HR regulations and employment law, especially within NY and/or CA
- Polished communication and presentation skills, including content planning and design
- Passion for continuous learning & development – bonus points for experience rolling out job leveling frameworks or career pathing frameworks
- Process-oriented, with meticulous attention to detail
- This role will require traveling about 1-2 weeks per quarter to our office locations in NYC and SF
What we offer:
In the US, Check offers company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, short-term/long-term disability, and basic life insurance coverage to all full-time employees, effective on your first day of work. We also provide stock options, flexible PTO and sick leave, 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave for all new parents and flexible return-to-work, 9 annual holidays, a 401k retirement plan, and a $100 monthly stipend for home internet and mobile phone expenses. Benefits may vary outside the US.
The minimum annual salary for this role is $115,000 and may increase based upon each candidate’s unique experience and qualifications.
Check is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Check is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org with “accommodations” in the subject line.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Check is a payroll-as-a-service API that lets you embed payroll directly in your vertical SaaS, HR, or time-tracking platform