People Operations Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
MD Clarity Overview
Have you noticed that when you go to the doctor, often no one there can tell you what it will cost? If you think that’s as problematic as we do, join us in our mission to fix it.
MD Clarity is a social-impact-driven software company animated by two guiding principles: 1) that patients have a right to know what the financial impact will be on them when getting care; and 2) that doctors, nurses and physician assistants deserve to be paid fairly by health insurers.
Our workflow automation software makes the healthcare experience easier and more transparent for patients and providers, and our products are already used by healthcare organizations that together serve hundreds of thousands of patient visits annually. We’re profitable and recently raised a new round of growth capital to accelerate adoption and scale our impact on the healthcare system.
Our fast-growing team combines decades of healthcare technology experience with engineering and business talent from Microsoft, Stanford, Vanderbilt, EY-Parthenon, Harvard, Georgia Tech, Northwestern, and NYU, among others. We’re distributed among our offices in Seattle, New York City, and Atlanta and several fully remote roles. In addition to our shared passion for improving patients’ healthcare experience, we’re united in valuing an inclusive workplace that empowers all with the autonomy, connection to the mission, and flexibility needed to innovate.
As our People Operations Manager, you will report directly to the Chief of Staff and interface closely with our leadership team. You’ll be MD Clarity’s expert and advocate for all things people. This includes recruiting, career development, employee benefits, and other talent-related elements. This role is perfect for you if you like to generate ideas to improve the employee experience and can execute on those ideas and bring them to life.
- Plan, organize, and manage our talent recruitment process:
- Work closely with hiring managers and leadership to define hiring plans and determine the scope of job descriptions
- Identify and source talent for a variety of competitive positions
- Coordinate the flow of candidates through our pipeline, ensuring a great candidate experience from first contact through onboarding
- Develop and maintain onboarding, training, and ongoing development programs
- Assist in process improvements for interviewing, hiring, and training to ensure best-hiring practices
- Provide ongoing support to People Operations related projects including performance management, quarterly reporting, learning, and career development
- Listen to and engage with team members on feedback and/or issues that impact the people experience. Present ideas and/or solutions to enhance the people experience based on this feedback
- Contribute to creating a fun, productive, and high-performing work environment
- Establish and direct consistent people policies and practices across the organization that are compliant with all applicable jurisdictional employment laws.
- Manage existing and implement new platforms within our People Ops tech stack (e.g. Greenhouse)
- Support team-facing initiatives such as wellness programs and all-company events
- Manage benefits administration
Skills and Knowledge:
- Understanding of recruiting and onboarding, learning and development programs, employee engagement, and benefits administration
- Superb organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the appetite to work with people and nurture relationships
- The ability to work autonomously and adapt to the changing needs of a growing organization
What You Have:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, Business, Finance, or a related field
- 3+ years of people operations or recruiting experience in a high-growth technology company, preferably at a startup with a distributed or remote workforce
- Experience with Google Suite and Microsoft Office
- Experience with an Applicant Tracking System and a Talent Management System a bonus
We are looking for people that fit with these core traits of our team:
- Detail orientation: details matter in making a lasting impact and creating a great experience for our candidates and employees
- Reason from first principles: always try to break down problems into their smallest components, question prior assumptions, and think from the ground up before immediately trying to solve complex problems
- Team > individual: celebrate each other’s accomplishments and always ask how you can help
- Always ask why: Why do we do things this way? Why does a team member need this? Be curious, ask questions, explore possibilities
- What can I do? What can I do to make things better? To serve our employees and candidates better? To help improve our team? Suggest it! Chances are, it’s a good idea
Where this role will take you
As the first dedicated human resources hire at MD Clarity, you’ll have the opportunity to grow as our organization grows, scaling People Operations for a fast-growing company with staff across the US.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
MD Clarity’s automated rcm solution lets providers take the next step in the consumerization of healthcare.