People Operations Coordinator
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Roadie is a crowdsourced delivery service that connects businesses with items to deliver with drivers already on the road. Roadie works with businesses across virtually every industry to provide a faster, cheaper, and more scalable solution for same-day deliveries nationwide. Roadie reaches 90% of U.S. households — the largest local same-day delivery footprint in the nation.
We are looking for a People Operations Coordinator who will be the tactical hands throughout the employee lifecycle from onboarding to offboarding, supporting day-to-day operations and initiatives in between. In this role you will have opportunities to take on projects that impact our people processes and provide an exceptional experience to all Roadie team members. If you are looking for an opportunity where you can grow your skills in a quickly scaling organization, and have some fun along the way, then this role is for you.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Own the end-to-end onboarding process, from background checks and pre-employment paperwork to coordinating and conducting orientation - always ensuring a smooth, seamless and positive new hire experience
- Serve as the go-to team member for day-to-day employee inquiries
- Identify opportunities to processes and policies that drive efficiencies within People Operations
- Create and maintain employee files and HR systems capturing all life-cycle changes, ensuring accuracy and maintaining high levels of confidentiality
- Manage compliance with various Federal and State employment requirements
- Respond to requests for employment verification in a timely manner
- Support company initiatives including events and communications that continue to foster our culture in a quickly growing and distributed workforce
- Be a sponsor and advocate for employee resource groups and diversity & inclusion initiatives
What You Bring
- 1-2 years of HR experience or related field, preferably in a start-up, scale-up environment
- Bachelor’s degree (concentration in Industrial Organizational Psychology or HR, a plus!)
- Excellent organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of employee regulatory and compliance matters
- Strong responsiveness and follow-through skills, knowing when to escalate matters
- A curious mindset and enthusiasm to learn
- “Roll up your sleeves” mentality, thriving in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Good judgment with strong ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality
Competitive pay, great health benefits (medical/dental/vision/life), 401k with company match. Flexible schedule with generous PTO, guaranteed monthly 3-day weekends, and the technology you need to get the job done.
All team members are working remotely and enjoying a monthly WFH stipend.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The easiest way to get your stuff where it’s going.