People Operations Consultant
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Location(s) NC-Raleigh, NC-Charlotte, IL-Chicago, OH-Cincinnati, OH-Cleveland, SC-Columbia, OH-Columbus, TX-Dallas, VA-Richmond, MD-Baltimore, NY-Rochester, IL-Rosemont, AR-Bentonville, CA-Sacramento, MA-Boston, MO-St. Louis, UT-Salt Lake City, TX-San Antonio, CA-San Diego, CA-San Francisco, CA-San Jose, WA-Seattle, CA-El Segundo, SC-Spartanburg, AR-Springdale, NY-Albany, CT-Stamford, FL-Tampa, OH-Toledo, GA-Atlanta, OK-Tulsa, TX-Austin, DC-Washington, CO-Denver, IA-Des Moines, MI-Detroit, NY-Buffalo, NJ-Florham Park, TX-Fort Worth, FL-Sarasota, NC-Greensboro, FL-Hallandale Beach, PA-Harrisburg, CT-Hartford, TX-Houston, IN-Indianapolis, MI-Grand Rapids, CA-Irvine, NE-Omaha, FL-Jacksonville, MO-Kansas City, NV-Las Vegas, GA-Lithia Springs, AR-Little Rock, CA-Los Angeles, KY-Louisville, AL-Birmingham, US-Remote, NY-Melville, FL-Miami, WI-Milwaukee, MN-Minneapolis, VT-Montpelier, TN-Nashville, LA-New Orleans, NY-New York, OK-Oklahoma City, FL-Orlando, IL-Peoria, PA-Philadelphia, AZ-Phoenix, PA-Pittsburgh, OR-Portland
A career in our Human Resources, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference at PwC by helping to fully leverage the skills and talents of all our people. You’ll focus on helping the local offices in driving the Firm’s people strategy, creating a unique people experience for each individual, and supporting our Firm wide values by working with the core competencies that measure and drive individual and Firm wide success in the marketplace. Our Human Resources teams support initiatives and programmes including, customer support, business operations, data and analytics, technology systems, recruitment services and on-boarding, workforce mobility, contingent workforce, and people and programmes support.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Encourage everyone to have a voice and invite opinion from all, including quieter members of the team.
- Deal effectively with ambiguous and unstructured problems and situations.
- Initiate open and candid coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Contribute technical knowledge in area of specialism.
- Contribute to an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- Navigate the complexities of cross-border and/or diverse teams and engagements.
- Initiate and lead open conversations with teams, clients and stakeholders to build trust.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
High School Diploma
Minimum Years of Experience:
Demonstrates intimate knowledge and/or a proven record of success in human resources policies and practices, preferably within a professional services environment, including, but not limited to, the following areas related to the internal operations of a global network of professional services firms:
- Understanding platform/sector operations, our overall firm strategy and core functional areas;
- Leveraging relationship building and communication strategies to influence decisions made by People leadership;
- Analyzing and understanding strategic priorities to determine appropriate protocols to assess performance of People operations;
- Performing analyses of People operations for discussion/review with respective Platform/Sector People Leaders to assess trends and opportunities for continuous improvement;
- Developing action plans to address as necessary;
- Monitoring and reporting project status, including recommendations for leadership action needed;
- Integrating across projects, leverage lessons learned and act as knowledge manager and liaise across the Segment People Team regarding project content and status;
- Determining project charters, including scope and objectives;
- Developing project timeline and budget;
- Identifying and providing guidance to project team members, if applicable;
- Identifying and communicating with project stakeholders to obtain their input and feedback and to report on project status;
- Implementing project and developing deliverables;
- Analyzing data relevant to project objectives to identify trends, monitor performance, and develop recommended action plans;
- Compiling key metrics reports, project status updates, and talking points, including headcount and recruiting forecasting;
- Manage the year end compensation and bonus planning process for the platform by providing reports and targets to the People team;
- Providing advice and information to Platform/Sector People Leaders, including during People strategy formulation and leadership transitions;
- Developing and maintaining relationships with x-Segment and Segment leadership team members across client service and support services functions;
- Planning agenda for significant People communication events such as webcasts, conferences and trainings;
- Collaborating with People leadership and Communications team to develop and disseminate communications; and,
- Leveraging the Google suite of tools and other technical applications to enable data-driven decision-making as well as drive efficiency, productivity, and collaboration.
Please note that, at this time, to be in-person at a PwC office, client location or PwC-sponsored events, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: https://pwc.to/coloradoifsseniormanager.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
building relationships, creating value