People and Culture Partner
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Degreed is the upskilling platform that connects learning to opportunities. We integrate everything people use to learn and build their careers—skill insights, LMSs, courses, videos, articles, and projects—and match everyone to growth opportunities that fit their unique skills, roles, and goals. Degreed exists to discover, empower and recognize the next generation of the world's expertise.
Degreed’s People Team is looking for an exceptional, driven, and competent People and Culture Partner to support our functions as we rapidly scale and grow. The People and Culture Partner will provide strategic direction to our leadership, ensure we drive and execute our people initiatives, enhance our processes, and approach challenges with creativity and a solutions-oriented mindset.
The ideal person will be based in the US Eastern Time Zone.
Day in the Life
- Consult and advise on people matters, including employee relations, performance management, compensation, and talent development
- Proactively guide all levels of the organization to promote a positive employee experience
- Empower our people leaders through coaching on leadership behaviors, communication, and feedback strategies
- Lead with warmth and competence to build credibility and trust among employees and people leaders
- Support people processes including the semi-annual performance snapshot, succession planning, diversity and inclusion initiatives, and engagement survey
- Support change management efforts around culture and new programs
- This description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict other tasks as assigned and is subject to change at any time.
Who You Are
- 3-5 years experience in an HR Business Partner or HR Generalist role
- A self-starter with a proven ability to work independently
- Effective communication and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively partner with all levels of the organization and exert positive influence
- A desire to collaborate and cultivate relationships across teams
- Comfortable in an environment with changing priorities and evolving processes and systems. Can adapt quickly to changes
- Open to new ideas and committed to continued learning and personal development
What Sets You Apart
- Experience partnering with people leaders in an entrepreneurial start-up environment
- Experience partnering across different business functions including sales teams, marketing, finance, technology, and business operations
Total Rewards at Degreed
We believe your best work happens when you have a complete life balance, and Degreed gives you the support and flexibility to make that happen. Degreed is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides the support you need. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits:
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (both PPO and HDHP plans available)
- Dental and vision plans for you and your family
- Employer-paid life insurance, AD&D, short-term disability, and long-term disability
- Company equity
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with up to 4% match
- Company funded HSA and dependent care FSA (pending eligibility)
- Generous Parental Leave
- Unlimited Paid Time Off and 5 sick days per year
- Education benefit: Up to $1,200 per year for anything you want to learn (and we mean anything)!
- One-time Home Office Stipend to make your workspace more comfortable
- Monthly internet and phone stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend through Twic
*Degreed reserves the right to modify these benefits at any time, for any reason in accordance with applicable law. Please note the offerings vary based on location.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
Degreed is a remote-first company, however our roles are open to in-office or flex work if you live in a city with a physical office location (when it is safe to return to the office). This role has the opportunity to operate 100% virtually from your home office. We primarily collaborate with our US and International colleagues through virtual meetings (Zoom), email, and Slack. In this role, you will be required to operate a laptop computer (PC or Mac available), computer software platforms, and other office productivity machinery as necessary. Due to the nature of this role, you must be able to remain stationary for extended periods, and must be able to observe and interpret written and/or verbal communication.
Degreed provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Degreed will provide reasonable accommodations to all qualified individuals with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Degreed uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The upskilling platform that connects learning to opportunities.