People Operations Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Because we live to sanctify time, we’ve gone ahead and provided the answers to all the questions we think you should be asking us. For more details, read on.
TBP’s Mission to Return Time:
We’re a team that is connected by time. Life has taught us its true value and finite nature. We value every minute and are on a mission to return time. And we live and breathe that mission in everything we do—from how we build our product that saves our customers time to how we operate as a company.
Come work with a team that’s intelligent yet humble, visionary yet gets things done. A team that’s only getting started at cracking a problem that affects every person who uses a screen to work.
Come build a company that will stand the test of time as we look to understand time itself.
We all waste a staggering amount of time at work (~33%) because we have no idea where we are spending it. Worse yet, we continue to operate in a factory model that simply does not apply to creative work. Our big bet is that by understanding time, we’ll be able to move away from it as a unit of value. In the future knowledge economy (lawyers, accountants, engineers), contributions will be assessed on value added, not the underlying time spent adding it.
Ambitious mission to say the least, so where are we starting? We have created a new market category called Time Automation that automates the timekeeping process for professionals and allows us to collect time data at scale. Before TBP, professionals had to manually record every six minutes of their day into antiquated timekeeping software. Not anymore. We are moving away from a world in which humans tell a machine what they did at work, to our version of the world in which the machine tells the human.
We are a Series B company (>$55M in venture capital from Tier 1 funds) that has assembled some of the best builders, designers, and product minds in tech—and we all have one thing in common: we are deeply motivated by our mission to return time.
We need to find like-minded colleagues who want to join us on our journey and are willing to spend their time solving time. It will be a long road but if we’re even half right, we’ll change the way work is measured and performed forever.
About the Role:
We need an exceptional People Operations Manager to join our Director of Operations to lead and oversee major portions of the company’s operations spanning across People and Biz-Ops. You will learn and deeply understand the current operations of the company, and then be asked to question the status quo and rethink/redesign how things are done in order to plan for scalability and optimization of processes that can be pressure tested. In other areas, you will stand up entirely new initiatives that you will own and lead from inception.
As a 60-person org, that is quickly scaling in size, TBP’s culture and operations are still nimble enough to be shaped in a way that will set the company up for long-term success. Your efforts in the year ahead will lay the foundation for the company’s growth on its unicorn trajectory. And the best part, TBP’s success will ensure your success and ability to learn, grow, and shape your career and team. At TBP, we believe in hiring people smarter than ourselves and giving them the context and agency necessary to let them make the largest impact on the business as possible.
- Lead initiatives to improve team happiness and togetherness including, but not limited to, book club, professional development workshops, and coffee buddies.
- Work with the Director of Operations to coordinate office reopening and continue to innovate as we develop the TBP working model.
- Prepare for new hires' arrival and continuously improve employee onboarding procedures to provide the 11 star experience to our team.
- Learn the HR mechanics at the company and take over day to day management of HRIS.
- Coordinate company events and participate in planning for in-person, remote, and hybrid employees to create a productive, inclusive environment for all.
- Provide functional and technical support surrounding the employee experience to increase team efficiency and productivity.
- Create and maintain a database of internal tools and communication channels.
- Have full ownership of our internal team wiki, Time Capsule, to improve collaboration and communication.
- Generally remove friction and nurture the development of our team so that the company can operate faster and more efficiently.
Director of Operations (direct manager)
Team Growth Plan:
The Operations team is lean with a high talent density. We feel a team of three is sufficient right now for our company size. We also partner with firms who assist with recruitment and IT and will continue to scale the operations department as needed to support headcount over time.
Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Ability to multi-task across a breadth of domains and maintain meticulous attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to operate in ambiguous, dynamic, fast-paced situations
- Rigorous ability to prioritize and understand what truly matters to the organization
- Combination of start-up and big tech experience preferred
Flexibility and Logistics:
Location: Fully remote, or in our offices (San Francisco or Los Angeles, CA). If you’re close to our SF or LA offices, we’d love to have you into the office at least once a week once it’s safe (targeting 2022).
Work Times: Core hours of 10am-2pm PT M-F, but otherwise completely flexible.
Compensation: Competitive salary, generous equity, comprehensive medical/dental/vision coverage with covered premiums, 401(k), additional benefits including wellness/commuter/FSA stipends.
Visa Sponsorship: Unfortunately we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
What happens if my kid or I are sick on a workday? Take all the time you need! We’ll cover for you. And send you some soup.
The Hiring Process:
- Video interview with hiring manager (1 hour)
- Video interview with COO (1 hour)
- Video interviews with other team members (4 x 45-60 min. over the course of ~2 days)
At Time by Ping, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge the status quo. If you’re interested in joining us on our mission to return time, then we encourage you to apply, even if you don’t perfectly match every single bullet on the job description. Time by Ping is an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment, free from discrimination or harassment, for all employees.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
On a mission to return time to the world.