Head of People
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Assembled is building the operating system for support teams. Today, our workforce management product helps some of the most customer-centric brands (Stripe, Betterment, and Everlane, to name a few) deliver responsive and empathetic customer experiences. Come help us build for the teams who are quietly carrying their companies each day, and for the customers who just want answers. You’ll be joining a special group of people who learned the ropes at companies like Stripe, Google, Palantir, Atlassian, Twitter, Airbnb, Looker, NEA, Bain, and more!
We're a scrappy team that believes in crafting high-quality software that solves real, day-to-day problems.
Assembled scaled from 10 people at the start of 2021 to ~50 people by the end, and we’re looking to sustain even more aggressive team growth during 2022. We are seeking a Head of People to help solve the team-related growing pains that will surely come with the rapid growth we have planned for 2022 and beyond.
As Head of People at Assembled, your responsibilities will include establishing and protecting Assembled’s culture and values, creating systems and processes to ensure proper people/talent management, and helping to establish effective org management that encourages efficient internal collaboration, talent development over time, and organizational growth. You will report directly to the CEO and partner closely with leadership to set the strategy for People at Assembled and translate high-level initiatives into tactical plans that you then execute.
What you’ll do
- Become a culture champion at Assembled, figuring out ways to strengthen and protect our company culture and values
- Conduct team interviews, surveys, and audits to determine the current state of affairs
- Create a strategic roadmap for tackling key People initiatives such as performance reviews, leveling, and onboarding new employees
- Collaborate closely with Talent to ensure that new hires are enriching the company from both a functional and cultural perspective
- Set up and manage HR systems that enable us to scale the team efficiently
- Build out your own team as the needs of the company change and grow
- Report directly to the CEO and collaborate deeply with the entire leadership team to drive organization-wide change
- Experience with HR or People Ops, whether through title or practice
- A deep passion for people and an empathetic mindset
- A structured and data-driven approach to change
- Startup experience and/or demonstrated comfort in ambiguous environments
- Strong leadership abilities and a history of leading strategic initiatives
Our team continues to grow and we are looking for new members to help us transform and elevate customer support. Our values are: act like a support agent, bias towards action, and 1% better each day! We support our team by offering the following benefits:
- $100 Community Support Agriculture (CSA) credit
- $50 Assembled user credit
- $100 professional development/general wellness (fitness, mental health, or professional development)
- 401K through Guideline
- Dental insurance through Principal
- Health insurance through Anthem
- Parental leave
- One time $300 credit for improving your home workspace
Your application has been successfully submitted.
An all-in-one scheduling, forecasting, and reporting tool built to help support teams respond to customers on time, every time.