Head of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Locations: Los Angeles, California | Remote - Tennessee | Remote, Arizona | Remote - Texas | Washington, DC | Detroit, Michigan | Seattle, Washington | San Francisco, California | Chicago, Illinois | Atlanta, Georgia | Remote - South Carolina | New York, New York | Remote - Massachusetts | Mountain View, California
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
This role reports into the Inclusion, Diversity, Equity & Awareness (IDEA) Team, which is part of the People Team. The People Team enables Snap’s continued success by hiring great people, helping them grow, and building healthy, inclusive, and productive workplaces. The People Team reinforces Snap’s values of Kind, Smart, and Creative across our global offices, every day, so that everyone at Snap can do their best work, be themselves, and feel part of a cohesive, global community.
In January 2020 Snap Inc. began convening a working group of experts who spent over a year writing the seminal Action to Catalyze Tech Report published in October 2021. For the first time, the ACT Report sets out a blueprint for the tech industry to collectively transform DEI outcomes. This report reimagines the current approach to DEI in Tech, and we are looking for an outstanding thought leader to take forward the report’s recommendations in partnership with tech leaders, non-profits, and relevant partners.
We’re looking for a Head of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Industry Catalyst to join the People Team. The ideal candidate will be a visionary who is capable of influencing an industry, and a leader with a track record of delivering innovative and measurable change in the tech and DEI space.
What you’ll do:
- Reporting to the VP of DEI, this role will collaborate with leaders and teams across the industry to bring thought leadership to the ACT Report mission to reshape the tech industry’s approach to DEI.
- Work with Snap’s partners (Aspen Institute and BSR, as well as members of the ACT Report Expert Working Group) to incubate a new tech industry entity: Tech Equity Accountability Mechanism (TEAM - for more information on TEAM see p.133 of the ACT Report)
- Prepare relevant data, analysis, and recommendations to guide tech leaders’ decision-making related to current and future Catalyze Tech recommendations
- Build and implement systems and structures to enable tech companies to act collectively on DEI
- Recommend actions (informed by the ACT report) to achieve collective industry-wide DEI goals
- Nurture relationships with tech companies and other partners, including DEI communities
- Serve as an ambassador for the ACT Report, Catalyze Tech initiative, and Snap Inc
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Policy expertise in the tech and DEI space
- Able to balance disciplined critical thinking, stakeholder management and nuanced negotiations, leadership skills, program design, creative passion, and a hands-on approach to support a DEI global strategy for an industry
- Demonstrable experience leading DEI strategy design and implementation in a global brand, and / or leadership experience in the tech and education space
- Proven leadership abilities reflecting a creative approach that will get results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent discretion, judgment, tact and diplomacy
- Proven ability to manage complex multi-stakeholder projects
- Enjoy rolling your sleeves up and providing hands-on support when needed
- Experience building strong business relationships/partnerships, ideally at an industry level
- Effective analytical skills and ability to translate metrics, research, and trends into strategy
- Proficiency in Google Drive, Google Docs, and Google Sheets
- A passion for Snap Inc. and DEI!
- BS/BA degree or equivalent years of experience
- 6+ years of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion or related experience
- 7+ years of professional experience
- Tech industry experience in a DEI role
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Benefits: Snap Inc. is its own community, so we’ve got your back! We do our best to make sure you and your loved ones have everything you need to be happy and healthy, on your own terms. Our benefits are built around your needs and include paid maternity & paternity leave, comprehensive medical coverage, emotional and mental health support programs, and compensation packages that let you share in Snap’s long-term success!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
kind. smart. creative.