Senior People Partner
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Working at Discord is like working with an exciting and motivated family. Our growing People team contributes in creating an outstanding employee experience for the Discord family. We do that through designing and promoting thoughtful People programs. To help us accelerate our efforts, we're looking for a Senior People Partner to join our People team. Reporting to our Senior Manager, People Partners, you will work to promote and champion our People programs and provide an excellent employee experience to the Discord family.
What you'll be doing
- Ensure a thoughtful employee experience through the creation, implementation and management of employee programs that supports a scaling startup
- Partner with all levels of management to provide expertise and creative solutions/strategies for a variety of people functions including organizational health, succession planning, employee relations, compensation, engagement, inclusion and diversity, learning, and performance coaching
- Develop programs to positively affect change management
- Improve manager capability through 1:1 coaching workshops
- Coach managers in appropriate people management best practices, i.e., performance management, discipline, reward and recognition, and retention strategies
- Provide high touch guidance to employees for performance and growth conversations
- Assess employee development needs and make recommendations for personal and Discord-wide solutions
- Partner with other People leaders to design programs that enhance all phases of the employment lifecycle
- Be a culture builder ensuring our people programs, solutions and programs are reflective of Discord's values
- Create people processes and ensure compliance with procedures, policies and best practices and regional law requirements
- Challenge and evaluate the quality and effectiveness of HR programs and solutions and recommend changes to meet business and employee needs
What you should have
- You are curious and collaborative. You bring levity to decompress tense situations, are persistent in getting to the root of problems (and build solutions that solve them), and use great judgment - even in complex situations
- A balance of strategic thinking and transactional execution
- 5+ years' experience in a senior human resources generalist or Business Partner position
- You are great at coaching, conflict resolution, and relationship and team building skills
- You are good at solving problems and you use data to understand trends and develop recommendations for action
- Meaningful relationships are your thing. You excel at making a connection with those around you
- You are told that your proactiveness and flexible style are what makes you a great partner and collaborator
- Experience in an ambiguous and ever-evolving environment, with an emphasis on building and scaling
- A love of afternoon Milkbomb, boba, or coffee runs
Benefits and Perks - Eligible to Fulltime Employees
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Generous stipends for headphones, your remote work setup, and lunch on a daily basis (while we’re all remote)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Discord is the easiest way to talk over voice, video, and text.