Director, People Programs & Partnerships
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Every year, billions of dollars are set aside by your local, state, and federal representatives to make it easier for anybody to build a small business and turn their dream into reality.
But while governments might be great at governing, they’re terrible at marketing. These billions sit unclaimed, waiting for founders to discover them. We want to fix that, and we need your help.
This Director level role will lead HR Programs & Employee Partnerships for MainStreet. This includes the development & refining of all people programs such as onboarding, performance management, employee engagement, and will implement the development of MainStreet’s HR Business Partner model (Partnerships). In the first six months this role will focus heavily on building an inclusive, world class onboarding experience, while focusing on developing strong relationships with people managers across all of MainStreet!
What you'll do
- Partner with People Operations & Talent Attraction leaders to develop a phenomenal end to end employee experience for MainStreet employees. Your focus will be on onboarding experience and amplifying managers
- Drive an employee experience strategy that is tailored to our remote-first hybrid work environment; that is understood and endorsed by key stakeholders including MainStreet leadership, DEI partners, and employees
- Build out the HR Business Partner (BP) team, aligning BPs with key cross-functional stakeholders to support them as they grow and scale their teams
- Drive continuous improvement in our programs - always striving to make the experience better for our employees and serving as a thought leader on future of work and building world class People programs
- Collaborate with our Head of Strategic Initiatives in creating productive and valuable experiences for in person events
- Support the People team on critical employee experience communications initiatives, both for all employee communications and HR org only communications
- Collaborate with HR leaders (People Operations & Talent Attraction) as we built an HR CoE model for the people team
- Manage multiple initiatives at once, including project tasks, budget, and timeline
- Ensure an effective change management strategy is created for all People programs
Who you are
- 10+ years of progessive People/HR experience
- Recent experience in people program management or building an HR business partner team for a growing company
- Experience building onboarding or other people programs such as engagement or performance management
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to drive change and continuous improvement
- Extensive planning and communication (both written and verbal) skills
- Strong team building skills. Ability to build relationships, trust, and interface effectively across multiple organizations and businesses
- Experience with Lattice (performance/engagement) and Donut (onboarding) preferred
- High energy self-starter. Strong attention to detail. Strong problem-solving skills
- Constant learner in a fast paced and changing environment
- Base salary range for this position is $175,000 - $235,000 based upon years of experience that is commensurate with the level of the position in addition to location
- Bonus that is commensurate with the level of the position
- Robust equity program with significant upside potential
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, 401k plus additional perks to make your work from home life better
- Flexible PTO
What we do
We make these tax credits easy as butter. MainStreet pairs companies & employees with hundreds of local, state, and federal tax programs. Then we do all the paperwork to get companies what they’re owed in minutes, vs the dozens of hours it would otherwise take.
The average company gets $51,040… in the first year. In cash.
We just announced our $60M Series A, led by SignalFire. We’re backed by an incredible community of partners, operators, and founders, including Ryan Hoover (Product Hunt founder), Ashton Kutcher’s Sound Ventures, Des Traynor (Intercom cofounder), Gradient (a Google Venture Fund), Ron Conway’s fund SV Angel, and Tusk Ventures.
How we think about diversity
We try to make sure the diversity of our customers is reflected in the team that serves them. Because when we include people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and identities — we end up building a better experience for everyone who uses MainStreet.
We know we need to be intentional in our hiring practices in order to overcome systemic biases we may be blind to. So, if your lived experience has given you a unique perspective on business, startups, or any other aspect of our business – even if you don’t meet all the requirements – please still apply and let us know so we can make sure your application gets the attention it deserves.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Startups: We've got the time to save you money.