Global Onboarding Coordinator
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The role of the Global Onboarding Coordinator is to support and coordinate the new hire onboarding and orientation process for all newly hired employees, document current processes and support development of onboarding processes internationally. The Global Onboarding Coordinator is responsible for supporting all aspects of the New Hire orientation program. This role ensures a seamless and delightful transition from the candidate experience to the new employee experience with emphasis on building a sense of belonging, creating connection and strengthening company culture. As a key member of the People Operations team, the Global Onboarding Coordinator will often interact with a wide range of internal stakeholders across the organization.
What you’ll be doing
- Deliver a consistent, flawless new employee onboarding program through Discord’s distributed-first work environment across the globe
- Support the development of processes and procedures to support employee onboarding internationally and through mergers or acquisitions
- Correspond with new hires before their start date and serve as their primary point of contact prior to their first day
- Facilitate orientation presentations during the new hire’s first month covering introductions, benefits, company values, brand, policies and procedures
- Share and help new hires navigate the abundance of onboarding resources available, and regularly maintain those resources
- Liaise with cross functional teams to ensure new hires receive the materials and gear needed to be successful and feel welcome on Day 1
- Process employment paperwork and background checks in compliance with local employment laws; Follow up with new hires consistently to ensure completion of required new hire tasks.
- Complete HR System transactions to process new employee information, to include, but not limited to: entering new employee data, processing job and payroll changes while accountable for high data quality; and partner closely with People Services and Payroll
- Cultivate a standardized orientation program for all Discord locations and subsidiaries including updated videos, training and resources.
- Develop new ways to streamline, automate or otherwise enhance new employee onboarding process and materials
- Facilitate the internal workflow with all cross functional partners involved in the new hire process
- Support trainings for teams, hiring managers and onboarding buddies to cultivate a welcoming and positive onboarding experience
- Overall, shepherd new employees in their quest to settle safely in the land of Discordia.
What you should have
- A commitment to and track record of delivering high touch, world class service to internal and external customers
- Adaptability and openness to learning and incorporating new processes and solutions
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- A sense of urgency in juggling multiple priorities
- Excellent and dynamic verbal, written and presentation skills; must be capable of communicating information to diverse audiences in a virtual and in-person environment
- Comfortable interfacing with all types of people
- 1-2 years of experience in administration, human resources or related field
- A passion for and understanding of Discord’s mission and values
- Experience with onboarding, engagement and culture a strong plus
- Experience with Workday for HR information systems is a plus
- Experience with Google, Microsoft Office, Asana and Notion for office communication is a plus
Benefits and Perks - Eligible to Fulltime Employees
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Generous stipends for headphones, your remote work setup, and lunch on a daily basis (while we’re all remote)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Discord is the easiest way to talk over voice, video, and text.