Head of People
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We combine human connection with the latest technology to empower our members through fitness. We’re a small, fast growing team, and are hiring new teammates across many areas. We’re looking for people who thrive in fast-paced, dynamic environments and are excited by the opportunity to have immediate ownership and impact. Our team comes from a diverse range of backgrounds and fitness levels - what we share is a passion and excitement to build something truly meaningful.
Genuine human connection is what makes Future distinctly unique from all other offerings in the health & fitness space, and our team is core to delivering on our vision.
As a key member of our leadership team, you will work closely with our executives & people team to build our high performance, highly connected culture and sustain a remarkable employee experience as we scale. You will understand our strategic goals and the critical role that our people play in achieving them.
You will be a passionate advocate of Future’s culture and ensure that our values are embedded in all our people practices. You will design and implement innovative strategies and practices to create an exceptional employee experience for every team member at Future, while complying with local legislation and optimizing for our remote-first environment across the US.
- Build out & lead our people org. Identify talent needs, hire, manage, and develop a high-performing team
- Think strategically about employee recruiting, hiring, and retention
- Act as a thought partner to leadership on team culture & company growth plans
- Own & improve our performance reviews & compensation planning processes
- Create and enhance diversity, equity, and inclusion programs
- Scale our people manager and leadership training programs
- Drive company culture through activities and programs across company
- Leverage analytics to make data-driven people decisions
- Lead payroll, benefits, and retirement plan administration
- Manage the development of HR policies and practices and supervise the application of them
- 5-8+ years progressive experience in Strategic HR and People roles in a high-growth start-up, working with both technical and go-to-market teams
- Experience working at a remote-first or all-remote company with an employee base distributed across many states
- Experience working at a company with diverse teams (eg corporate + field operations)
- 3+ year people management experience, with a strong track record of building out teams and developing talent
- A passion for putting people first and a vision for how to build and sustain a world class culture
- Strong analytical and critical-thinking skills, and ability to leverage data to inform strategic decisions & measure outcomes
- Strong commitment to diversity, equality, and inclusion, and experience successfully rolling out programs to in support an organization’s DEI goals
- A solid understanding of HR compliance and regulations within the US and specifically California
- Experience tackling HR challenges that come from a rapidly growing team. You are comfortable navigating sensitive and sometimes challenging conversations, and you become a trusted resource to others at every level in the company.
Life at Future
- Join a diverse, passionate & driven team of all backgrounds
- Accelerated growth potential. We rapidly advance team members who have an outsized impact
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Comprehensive health benefits (medical, dental, vision) to fit your needs
- Wellness & Work From Home subsidies
- Flexible vacation policy
We are committed to building a future where every member of our community, is healthy, cared for, and advancing forward together. Future is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, civil or family status, disability or race.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Not just an app. Not just a personal trainer. It's the #FutureofFitness