People Practices Partner
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Founded in 2009 by Marc Andreessen and Ben Horowitz, Andreessen Horowitz (known as "a16z") is a venture capital firm in Silicon Valley, California, that backs bold entrepreneurs building the future through technology. We are stage agnostic: We invest in seed to late-stage technology companies, across the consumer, enterprise, bio/healthcare, crypto, and fintech spaces. a16z has $28.2B in assets under management across multiple funds, including the $2.9B Bio funds, the $3.1B Crypto funds, and the Cultural Leadership Fund.
We’ve established a team that is defined by respect for the entrepreneur and the entrepreneurial company building process. We’ve invested in companies like Airbnb, Coinbase, Databricks, Devoted Health, Figma, Lyft, OpenSea, Stripe, and Substack. Our team is at the forefront of new technology, helping entrepreneurs and their companies impact and change the world.
The People Practices team focuses on helping our portfolio companies build out the right HR strategies and infrastructure as a company grows, starting from an idea through hyper growth. As part of the People Practices organization you will be working directly with our portfolio founders, supporting our Seed investments. In this specific role, the focus will be all Seed stage companies across Enterprise, Consumer, and Fintech. The successful candidate will work directly with founders within the portfolio, advising and partnering on stage-appropriate, foundational HR programs. The role will be responsible for developing thoughtful and practical content focused on hiring, compensation, and org design, leveraging templates and best practices across the HR spectrum. To do this impactfully, this role will require the ability to assess needs and quickly build trust with our founders. Additionally, this role will partner closely with colleagues on the a16z People Practices and Talent teams as a company begins to scale and grow from beyond Seed stage.
We are looking for the successful candidate to have the minimum qualifications:
- At least 6 years of HR experience within a high-growth company or business unit, preferably in the technology industry
- Experience partnering directly with founders or executives at a fast-growing company
- Strong working knowledge of all HR functional areas including compensation, benefits, recruiting, employee relations and compliance
- Experience assessing third party HR vendors (HR Information Systems, Applicant Tracking Systems, PEOs, and Benefits brokers), building out HR infrastructure, and leading HR product implementations
- Experience building out centralized programs and delivering strategic training across the organization
- Knowledge of small company HR compliance requirements, regulations, and industry standard methodologies
- Detail and action-orientation with a passion for implementation. Comfortable working as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, dynamic, high-energy environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Experience with distributed workforces preferred, including supporting international expansion
- We do only first class business and only in a first class way
- We take a long view of relationships, because we are in the relationship business
- We believe in the future and bet the firm that way
- We are all different, we recognize that, and we win
- We celebrate the good times
- We do it for the team
- We play to win
At a16z we are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. These differences are what enables us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our portfolio companies, and the World.
Andreessen Horowitz hereby reserves the right to make use of any unsolicited resumes received from outside recruiting agencies and / or individual recruiters without being responsible for payment of any fees asserted from the use of unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
we invest in software eating the world