Manager, People Analytics
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Grammarly offers a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members can work primarily remotely. Teams will meet in person every quarter in one of Grammarly’s hubs, currently in San Francisco, Vancouver, New York, and Kyiv. To ensure that teams are able to overlap in their working hours and to meet face-to-face when needed, all team members need to live within three time zones of their direct team.
Grammarly team members who will be collaborating at our San Francisco hub must be based in the United States.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. Every day, 30 million people and 30,000 teams around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Manager, People Analytics, to join our People Operations team. The Manager, People Analytics role is responsible for articulating and executing vision and strategy, as well as managing and enhancing people analytics technologies and enablement. Doing so ensures analytics is usable, actionable, and valuable for today and in the future as Grammarly grows. They will develop and maintain Grammarly’s People team metrics and insights to attract, engage, retain, and develop great talent. The People Analytics Manager is responsible for partnering closely with the People team and collaborating cross-functionally to uncover data, glean insights, create modeling, build dashboards, and interpret data that enables the Grammarly People team to make smart, strategic, and informed talent decisions.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone excited about owning the shaping of our People Analytics, systems, and processes as they scale. The role is best for someone with a foundation in a range of People and Analytics focus areas and who wants to build function and team.
As Manager, People Analytics, you’ll have an opportunity to build People Analytics and this function from scratch. This will include hiring and growing the team and working on strategy and tools for People Analytics. Your role will be critical in collaborating with other functions to apply currently existing best practices for the analytics at Grammarly and for collaborating and building processes and systems that will support People Analytics’ goals. One of the core systems that will require close collaboration between your role and People Operations is migration to a new HRIS.
You’ll have global responsibilities and work with the People, WXP, Finance, IT, GRC teams in the North America and Ukraine, providing exposure to international HR processes and informing the Global Head of People and Operating team with the data for data-driven decisions. You will have an opportunity to shape our People strategies as we grow.
In this role, you will:
- Work with key stakeholders including the Global Head of People, Manager People, and Manager People Operations on understanding key business and people metrics.
- Work on a strategy for People Analytics and its execution.
- Define a core toolset for People Analytics.
- Define a team charter and roles in the team that are required to achieve People Analytics strategy and hire into the team based on team charter and required roles.
- Collaborate with People Operations on new HRIS migration to build reporting functionality that supports Grammarly in achieving People Analytics goals.
- Work with different functions such as Recruiting on updating their processes to support data gathering from their channels.
- Partner with the Data Science team to build out the tech stack to empower better analytics.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Has comfort working with data, acquiring data from multiple sources, data analysis, and communicating data findings.
- Identifies and creates processes to get the work done, including the first-principles approach, to optimize efficient workflows.
- Analyzes, implements, and improves Analytics systems and collaborations on HRIS, ATS, and other core systems design, and identifies opportunities for process improvements to gather quality data.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills, time management, attention to detail, and skill set to lead a complex project for a big group of people with many moving pieces.
- Has experience in managing a team and growing and developing team members.
- Brings experience with Analytics systems and HR systems, as well as systems design and data management.
- Has experience in leading advanced analytics tasks to unlock further growth potentials, such as predictive modeling, segmentation analysis, attribution modeling, and more.
- Has designed processes, workflows, and data management to meet compliance requirements.
- Can conduct training, including developing user procedures, guidelines, and documentation, and can train team members on new processes/functionality and train new system users.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package that includes superior health care. We also offer support to set up a home office, ample and defined time off, gym and recreation stipends, admission
- discounts, and more.
- For Colorado-based employment: The salary range for this position is $85,000 –- $168,000/year; however, base pay offered may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The compensation package includes a wide range of medical, dental, vision, financial, and other benefits, as well as equity.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.
Please note that Grammarly’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that all team members in North America be vaccinated against COVID-19 to meet in person for Grammarly business or to work from a North America hub location. It is expected that this will be a requirement for this role. Qualified candidates in North America who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief may request a reasonable accommodation to this policy. For Ukraine, this policy requires team members to be vaccinated or produce a daily negative COVID-19 test administered at the Kyiv hub to work from the hub or attend in-person meetings.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
make your communication clear and effective, wherever you write