Chief People Officer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
TrueCar is a leading automotive digital marketplace that seeks to make car buying and selling easy, transparent and efficient. From discovery to delivery, consumers can use TrueCar to explore new and used vehicles from an expansive, cross-brand selection of inventory from our vast network of Certified Dealers. We’re building an end-to-end consumer journey that’s uplifting, empowering, and unrivaled in the marketplace.
About the Job:
This role reports to the CEO and drives the people strategy for TrueCar and oversees all aspects of the people function. You will lead and serve as a strategic partner, thought leader, and internal consultant to the CEO, executive team, and board and advise on key organizational issues as well as assure appropriate resources and programs are in place to support TrueCar’s mission. The Chief People Officer plays an integral part in strengthening TrueCar’s capacity to innovate at every level of the organization and helps move all TrueCar’s key initiatives forward. The ideal candidate will have prior experience delivering talent and organization solutions in a dynamic, agile, consumer-centric company. Most importantly, they will possess a deep desire to delight employees, enjoy working cross-functionally, and have an orientation toward the future.
What You’ll Do:
- Serve as an executive leader who participates actively in business issues as a catalyst, problem solver, and role model for effective collaboration.
- Be a trusted partner and coach to the CEO and members of the executive leadership team, functioning as the expert on people and organizational issues, and a sage advisor on leadership effectiveness within and around the team.
- Serve as the primary visionary and architect to define and design people programs that have practical and business relevant impact.
- Play a change leadership role on the executive team when defining and adapting company strategies, structures, procedures and technologies to address evolving external conditions and emerging changes in the business environment.
- Identify business and interpersonal gaps in the executive team and lead efforts to ensure the team members engage in their personal growth and become more effective.
- Translate business objectives into a strategic people function that supports the vision, culture and pace of the company.
- Develop and manage a strong, effective, and innovative people organization.
- As an executive sponsor and expert advisor help shape, drive, and champion TrueCar’s diversity, equity and inclusion strategy.
- Partner with members of the leadership team and, as necessary, the Compensation & Workforce Committee of the Board of Directors, to develop effective, competitive and performance-based compensation programs and benefit programs.
What You’ll Need:
- Proven experience in designing and driving long-term strategy for a people function at a publicly-traded company.
- Strength in leading and developing senior people inside and outside the People function.
- Demonstrated success in coaching and advising a CEO on an ongoing basis, resulting in more effective company leadership.
- Prior experience in coaching and developing a company’s senior leadership team, as well as in partnering with and influencing a company’s board of directors.
- The ability to become a trusted advisor to members of the executive team and the tools to drive the effectiveness of the top leaders.
- Strong proven experience in leading change and the diversity and inclusion programs.
- A strong mix of business skills and employee experience expertise.
- Expertise across a variety of people/HR disciplines.
- Demonstrated accomplishment in meshing culture change initiatives with the strategic direction of the business.
- Collaborative orientation and exceptional communication skills.
TrueCar is a leading automotive digital marketplace that enables car buyers to connect to our nationwide network of Certified Dealers. We are building the industry’s most personalized and efficient car buying experience as we seek to bring more of the purchasing process online. Bringing this vision to life is our amazing team of people, the very heart of our company.
We care deeply about our culture and creating a casual, fun workplace. We work collaboratively, across departments, fostering an environment where there’s open communication and recognition of hard work. TrueCar isn’t simply a place to have a job. It’s a company where you can be a part of something that lasts. We value the entrepreneurial spirit and encourage employees to take ownership of both their projects and their careers.
Recognizing the effort and passion of our employees is a top priority at TrueCar, and we’ve created a benefits package that does just that. We pay 100% of your health benefits, not a dime taken from your paycheck. We also offer 401K matching, monthly Grubhub and home office connectivity allowances, community impact days for all employees, a generous equity package for eligible positions, monthly fitness reimbursements, and, because everyone needs an occasional recharge, an excellent PTO policy and 11 paid holidays.
It is TrueCar’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), race, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military, and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation. In addition, TrueCar will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
TrueCar does not accept unsolicited agency submissions.
TrueCar is headquartered in Santa Monica, California, with an office in Austin, Texas.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Find the Car You Want, Your Way